Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

play queue invisible on iPhone 8 plus

play queue invisible on iPhone 8 plus

Premium

France

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 12.1.4

My Question or Issue:

The play queue is invisible on iPhone 8 plus . I did what was requested on Spotify answers:

• "Tap the ‘Now Playing’ bar at the bottom of the app.
  • Hit the Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 12.06.06.png button in the top-right."
  • There is no icon for the play queue, only the ...

In another order of ideas, Spotify is the most opaque application I ever used when it comes to get help. I am asking myself if I keep the subscription or not. The offer is gorgeous, but as a newbie I spent one hour and a half to get to here, to be able to ask a trivial question -  which for me is unacceptable. No guide for newbies, no visible contacts, nothing. I may accept no help by phone, but,  god dammit, put contacts for help link on the first page. Very frustrating experience.

Also , my mail was refused to be posted several times, for misterious reasons.

A very unhappy newbie,

8 Replies

Hey @nairdab, welcome to the Community.
Hope you’re doing great!

At Spotify, possible improvements and new features are often being tested. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn't, or get a brand new feature for only a temporary period.

Things tested could include the next generation of security protection, or new ways to listen. It's also a way for Spotify to introduce new features, and fine-tune the app to be compatible with specific devices.

Currently to go to the queue or use repeat/shuffle buttons you need to tap the … top right corner.

I’d recommend supporting this idea if you don’t like this change to Spotify.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Hope it helps 🙂

Hello, Loxer,

It took me half an hour of detective work to find this mail to answer you.

1. Tapping the ... right corner gives me options to add to a play list, or share, or more according to context, but no play queue.

2. Since I succeeded to send my first mail I am flooded with mails from the community which have no relevance whatsoever to my querry. I deleted up to thirty messages in 24 hrs. This in unacceptable, and dumb. If I unsubscribe I am not aware of new replies addressing my question, if I remain I have to read a lot of trash , and then delete, may be even not noticing a relevant mail , because they are too many.

3 Is there another alternative, a more decent one, to be connected to this community but not be flooded with all these useless mails?

These are my questions.

Here are my impressions about using Spotify for one month.

From my point of view, when it comes to asking for help and getting it, Spotify is a frustrating maize.

I may be clumsy, but I don't find the Spotify interface very intuitive.

When it comes to music, it is terrific indeed. I found almost everything I looked for, in classical music, jazz.The music of the world could be better represented.

All the best,

nairdab

Hey @nairdab,

Thanks for you reply!

1. Are you seeing these options when tapping the … top right corner:

IMG_0473.png

2 & 3

To find a reply of your to this post it's easier to visit the Community and click on the ring bell to check your notifications.

If you want to be notified for replies to your topic that's the only way by email, you can tailor some settings in the link below but that's how it would work in any forum, if you want to be notified for one action in something you've enabled to get notifications that's how I imagine how would that work:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions:notification-settings

However, if you have a better idea on how to get notifications by email your opinion is more than welcome and I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.
This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Keep me updated 🙂

Hi,
1. When I tape on the ... right corner:
In a Spotif y mix = add to playlist
In an album, or a playlist = add to playlist/ add to play queue/ share/ go
to radio/ see album/ see artist... etc.

All the best,
nairdab

Hey @nairdab,

Could you share a screenshot?

Thanks 🙂

This is what I get in mixes, albums, playlists

Hey @nairdab,

Sorry but there's no screenshot attached.

Thanks 🙂

I am having the same issue. I am on an iphone XR. When I click on the three dots in the top right corner, I only see the option to add to queue, but nothing on how to see the queue or edit it. No matter where I look I can not find it. I have tried updating the app, deleting it, restarting the phone, etc. all the standard things.

IMG_3476.jpg

Suggested posts