Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Available offline" keeps resetting to off.

"Available offline" keeps resetting to off.

The "available offline" button keeps turning to "off."  I keep having to turn it back on and then let all the songs download again.  What's the deal?

14 Replies

@KimS94 wrote:

The "available offline" button keeps turning to "off."  I keep having to turn it back on and then let all the songs download again.  What's the deal?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

That is definitely strange, can you try all of the steps in the iOS troubleshooting guide and see if this continues to happen?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

same issue for me, 

iphone 5 ios 6.1.3

latest spotify app

its is starting to get really annoying

With me, this happens on the Mac app but not on iOS.

Sébastien

Happening to me too. Version 1.8.1.8

8.0.2 IOS

Happens to me almost weekly. 

1. Flip a playlist to "Available Offline: On"

2. Wait forever for songs to sync over wifi

3. Enjoy being able to hear songs in the underground for a few days

4. Realise the "Available Offline" toggles have all been flipped back to "Off" and all the local music has been deleted. 

5. Repeat

Very annoying.

Has anyone had this issue fixed yet? Spotify please make your support better, every issue I've had has been unresolved with more people asking the same thing.

Funny, I just had the same issue recur today and was going to write in yet again about it. I went and got on the Tube for my usual 45-minute ride, which is only bearable with music, and discovered that of the 10 playlists I have set to "Play Offline", ALL of them had zero songs on them, meaning that I had nothing to listen to yet again. Frustrating.

Here's my theory: if your phone starts to get close to full storage capacity (which mine did last week), then for some reason when Spotify goes to try to sync and can't add an additional song, it freaks out and deletes everything it's already stored.

If that's the case, instead of me having to pay £500 for a bigger phone it'd be great if Spotify could just *not delete local songs unless I explicitly tell it to*.

Same thing here. I open Spotify and see that half the songs that I saved offline are undownloaded. Furthermore, songs that ARE offline (have the green arrow), don't show show up as such when I'm browsing by artist.

For example, I download the entire Rust In Peace by Megadeth. When I scroll through my artists, Megadeth has no green arrow next to it, but the individual songs do.

Well I have a Xperia Z5 and this happens to me every day and I just use this phone + Spotify since 3 days..
Also it sometimes freezes when I click the connected devices button to change the music to my PC. Sometimes it happens few times and work after restarting a few times.
Hilarious..

I have had this problem repeatedly for the past 3 months.  as a consequence of repeatedly resynching my Spotify Library I have exceeded my monthly ISP downolad allowance.  I am therefore paying for the failure of Spotify to fix this bug.

I am off to Google and and suggest every other frustrated Spotify User does the same.

Spotify

Mid 2017 already and I haven't found an explanation for this yet. The button keeps switching to off every month or so. And the annoying part is that if I start downloading my songs again, the app saves them in the internal storage instead of the external SD (Android device) so I have to re-install the app every time this happens in order for the app to recognize the external SD. (Sorry for bad english)

Late 2017 and still the same annoying bug, both on my Android phone and iPad.  Seems like a "broken as designed" problem that Spotify doesn't care to fix.

Same! I'm on Android Moto G.... I'm often getting on the subway going to work, or going to the gym... Turn on Spotify and find my playlist completely unavailable. Happens at least 4x per month. 

This is not limeted to ios.

I am on a windows 10 and it is happening to me too.

My thoery from my observations is that my playlist is at max offline downloads and whenever i add another song into it it switches the status to off.

But it may be coincidence.

Suggested posts