Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Songs" tab missing from "Your Library" now on iPhone display? What's going on?

"Songs" tab missing from "Your Library" now on iPhone display? What's going on?

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 6s, MacBook Air

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

The Spotify user interface has changed dramatically on my iPhone recently. There is no "Songs" tab under "Your Library" anymore, so it's impossible to just play/shuffle my entire library on my phone, which is my preferred way to listen. Also, the new "Like" (heart icon) feature replaces the little ^ icon, so I can't toggle back and forth between the display anymore. Any fixes for this?

Also, I have a Premium Family account, and sometimes when I log in, I show up as a free member (my username appears correctly but I have only "free" options available). Finally, Spotify really, really, really needs some chat or even email for help feature so users can connect directly with Spotify's dedicated customer service team (if indeed there is one). These recent changes to the UI are so cumbersome and annoying that I am considering cancelling my subscription. Thanks for your help - really hope to find a solution to all of this because I have liked the service very much in the past.

8 Replies

Did you try by reinstalling the app? To be honest I prefer the old UI like you but users who prefer old UI can't do anything.

Thanks! I will try that.

The songs now are stored under Playlists. There is a new list with a heart icon.

The weird thing is that in my list, there are now 9172 songs, where as before I had almost 10000 songs because I kept getting the message that my Collection had reached its limit.

Thank you! I am having the same thing with song count as you: 75+ songs that are AWOL. Hope they reappear without me having to add them again.

Hey @tmgoodwin1, @user-removed and @itstnt, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify recently pushed an update to the Spotify users which changes the Your Library UI and the way it works. Your saved songs which were in the folder called Songs before now can be found in Favorite Songs playlist, the one with the white heart in a purple background.

Check this Spotify Answer to learn more about the changes to Your Library.

They're always testing and launching improvements and new features. However, if you don't like the new look, please head over to this idea and add your +VOTE. You can always add your own input in the comments there as well 🙂

If you'd like more info on how the Ideas Exchange works, check more here.

Hope it helps 🙂

I had the same problem as well, but eventually all of the songs will appear in the "Liked Songs"

Hopefully this helps!

IMG_2796.PNG

I spoke with Spotify yesterday and what happens is if you like an album it doesnt add those songs to your liked songs. Just songs you like individually. I am guessing this is where the discrepancy is coming from. I have about 1000 songs that went 'missing'.

Thank you for your email!

Suggested posts