Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[spotify for iOS 4] playlists won't synch

[spotify for iOS 4] playlists won't synch

Hi all,

Description

I've just discovered i can use spotify on my iPod Touch 2g. I can see my playlists, but there are no tracks in them!

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. I installed Spotify voor iOS 4 from the App Store

2. Then I logged in using facebook

3. First i saw only my inbox, which only has 1 track in it, then all my lists, each with 0 tracks.

4. Went through the troubleshooting Spotify app thing, erased web history, cookies, cache, uninstalled spotify app, restarted my iPod (using the home and lock buttons), reinstalled spotify app, logged in again, saw the exact same thing happen.

5. went online to post this.

What I expected to happen

I expected to see all playlists full of tracks which i could play on my iPod Touch 2g.

What actually happened

No tracks in sight...

My iPad/iPhone model

iPod Touch 2g

Device’s Operating System

iOS 4.2.1 (8C148)

Is your device jailbroken?

yes, using Cydia

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

about 20

My mobile Spotify version

0.4.26.1.g01466bb9

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

0.9.0.133.gd18ed589

My provider and country

No provider, just iPod

My username

Pinky`

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

No i don't, but i can describe what i see: list of my playlists, first favorites, then inbox (which has 1 track), then local files (with no tracks), then all my playlists with 0 tracks each.

3 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Firstly, have you tried Clean reinstallation of Spotify? May just refresh the playlist data.

Also, how many tracks do you have in your playlist? It generally is for android, but I suggest you try going to desktop Spotify, creating a new playlist, then dragging and dropping all the songs from your playlist into the new one, about 100 at a time.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Do you mean reinstalling it on my laptop? Because i've done that on my iPod yesterday, which didn't work. If you do mean reinstalling on my laptop, i'll try that.

My largest playlist is the local files one, which is the one i want to try the most. It contains more songs than my 32 GB iPod can handle, so i thought that might be the problem. The rest of my playlists contain about 20-100 songs.

Hi,

I have spotify premium. On my PC I have stored lots of music to be available offline. Whenever I use my iphone 4 it has none of my music available for offline play? I have to slide the icon to offlone streaming for each album again!  It does not remember anything? The spotify 5 app will not open on my phone either so am having to use iOS.4.

Thanks

Heidi

Suggested posts