Free

Country

Indonesia

Device

Iphone 6

Operating System

iOS 12.4.9

My Question or Issue

Apparently Spotify keeps crashing when my phone is locked or when i’m opening other apps, and when i reopened the app the song that was playing went back to the start. The only way i can listen is by keeping my phone unlocked (with the low battery option off) and by still opening the Spotify app. It didn’t use to crash before but it started to about a few months ago, and i already tried everything like restarting my phone, reinstalling the app, logging out, clearing cache, etc. but it’s still the same and it’s getting kind of annoying. I hope someone here can give me solutions, i would appreciate that very much! I really want to listen to my favourite songs again without any interuptions!

1 Reply

Hey @CNJ

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

If you tried a clean reinstall and this didn't help it's also a good idea to make sure no battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your iOS device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also recommend accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

If this persists after checking your settings, try logging in with a different Spotify account on your iPhone to check if this might be an account-related issue. If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next.  

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Suggested posts