Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify not scrobbling to last.fm on newest version of Spotify

Solved!

spotify not scrobbling to last.fm on newest version of Spotify

its not working at all. i tried deleting spotify, restarted my phone, taking my username out of my social and putting it back, etc. It just doesn't scrobble

135 Replies

You had better be kidding. the spotifycares twitter folks have been saying for over a week now "we are working hard to fix this, stay tuned". if you are now telling me they FORGOT about this problem they have taken nine days of **bleep** for, you guys must think we are idiots and assholes you can just screw over. get ready to lose business.

Unfortuately I can only find 0.6.1 on my Mac's Documents folder.  Can anyone share the 0.6.0?

I downloaded 0.4.26 which is still available from iTunes UK, entered my last.fm details, but no joy for it working.

@Mitchgo wrote:
You had better be kidding. the spotifycares twitter folks have been saying for over a week now "we are working hard to fix this, stay tuned". if you are now telling me they FORGOT about this problem they have taken nine days of **bleep** for, you guys must think we are idiots and assholes you can just screw over. get ready to lose business.

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I do not work for Spotify, so I can't keep you informed of exact progress. However, I can see this problem being quite difficult to fix, given the fact that it is dealing with Last.FM as well. I'm sure the admins are working as hard as possible to get this fixed for everyone.

If you want to support getting more attention to this to get it on the top priority, please do what I said in my previous post(s) about submitting a support ticket.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Answer from the support team:

Tut mir sehr Leid, momentan liegen Probleme mit dem Scrobbeln vor - wir arbeiten momentan an einer neuen Version der App, in der dieses Problem behoben ist. Neuigkeiten dazu findest du unter folgendem Forum-Thread:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Release-Notes-Spotify-for-iOS-0-6-1/...

Entschuldige, dass wir dazu momentan keine befriedigendere Antwort geben können. Sag Bescheid, falls du noch weitere Fragen hast!

@ToM-WP2K wrote:

Answer from the support team:

Tut mir sehr Leid, momentan liegen Probleme mit dem Scrobbeln vor - wir arbeiten momentan an einer neuen Version der App, in der dieses Problem behoben ist. Neuigkeiten dazu findest du unter folgendem Forum-Thread:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Release-Notes-Spotify-for-iOS-0-6-1/...

Entschuldige, dass wir dazu momentan keine befriedigendere Antwort geben können. Sag Bescheid, falls du noch weitere Fragen hast!

Hi,

This proves that the Spotify Team are indeed working on it. Thanks for posting it!

Anthony 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

Dear all,

I need to bring something up in terms of this post.

It is understandable that people are getting frustrated about this issue because it has been going on for a while now. As I said before, I'm sure the admins are working hard to rectify the problem, and if you want to bump it up the list of priorities, submit a support ticket.

However, getting frustrated; and posting several times in the same topic, about the same thing, not always in a polite and informant tone, is unnecessary. It will not get anyone anywhere. It has come to my attention that more and more people are doing exactly this. What the Spotify staff need is helpful posts explaining exactly whats happening, screenshots, and version details.

I would gratefully appreciate it if people were to calm down. Please reply to this topic only if you have information, and use the 'Me too' function if you have the same problem, instead of replying saying that you also have the problem as well. If you have information detailing the problem or ways you have found to rectify it, feel free to post a reply. If anything, having so many people posting here makes it more difficult for the Spotify staff to help, as they won't be able to see the important posts.

Lastly, please don't take it out on people like me and the rest of the Spotify community, including the superusers and Moderators. All we are trying to do is help. We will have to just wait until such time as the admins find a way to fix the problem.

Thanks! And again, sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you all.

Anthony 🙂

Hi Anthony,

Posting multiple times in this thread may be unnecessary but I feel like keeping the topic from getting burried under new posts is a good thing, until the issue is resolved. Without those kind of posts, there is literally nothing else to post. There is no extra information or screenshots to be given, the scrobbling on iOS doesn't work under any situation for anybody on the newest version.

Getting frustrated and complaining is just human nature and I don't think it's reasonable to ask people to stop doing that, especially when the issue only affects paying customers.

I've got no problem with you and the moderators, I always appreciate a reply from you guys. But I do like to complain 😛 even if it's not going to fix the problem, it makes me feel better 🙂

you would think that the basic features would be tested before a new update comes out and that it would have been discovered to be not working before we even had to deal with it. it's lazy, and it's especially lazy to have broken your own feature and virtually ignored the issue for 2 weeks and also failed to solve it. I really have trouble believing that fixing something that basic users have fixed by just switching a version is going to be that difficult. I shouldn't have to submit a ticket at this point. it should already be over.

Anothony,

Are you f'ing kidding me? You are the one who needs to STOP posting in this topic. You're the most annoying volunteer of all. You don't work for Spotify, so you are cluless. You posting robot messages is not gonna.solve anything. Your posting in this topic is aggravating everyone even more. So, for everone's sake, STOP posting in this topic with your stupid suggestions.

Well I've located versions 0.6.0, 0.5.9 and 0.5.0 - my iphone has rejected them all.

@themartialarts wrote:

Well I've located versions 0.6.0, 0.5.9 and 0.5.0 - my iphone has rejected them all.

Hi,

That is because iPhones have strict app verification, and the app must be downloaded from the app store to work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In response to a few other users:

I fail to understand why people can't just have a little patience and wait for the issue to be fixed, rather than constantly saying the same thing over and over again to people like me. Again, we do not work for spotify, so I would greatly appreciate it if people were to stop expecting us to be able to miraculously fix the problem, we are doing the best we can to get the Spotify team aware. Please follow this post on how to reply effectively: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Quick-Guide-on-how-to-post-effectively/t... . Thanks!

Anthony 🙂

I believe that was the first time I said that.

@themartialarts wrote:

I believe that was the first time I said that.

Hi,

Apologies, that was not directed at you.

It was mainly directed at the previous people all asking the same thing in this post. It just happened I wrote that in the same post as the one replying to yours. Sorry!

Anthony 🙂

Hi everyone,

We're sorry you've not heard from us for a couple of days here. This doesn't mean we're not keeping up with your posts, far from. We just don't want to post for the sake of it.

We're still looking into it, and only want to post some news when we're sure we have a fix. We hope you understand.

We'll be back just as soon as we can.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

@AnthonyB wrote:

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. As I stated, the admins are busy and they may have forgotten about this. That is why the best thing to do is to submit a support ticket. Make sure to reply to the automated email directly and a spotify agent will deal with the email. This will hopefully make the admins more aware of the problem.

Anthony 🙂

Everyone on this thread is experiencing this issue! You can't possibly want everyone on the thread to submit a support ticket! This is a global problem that should be addressed for everyone!

Your response shows a complete lack of understanding of the widescale scope of this problem that makes me more inclined to move on to one of your competitors. 

@kenrobin wrote:

Everyone on this thread is experiencing this issue! You can't possibly want everyone on the thread to submit a support ticket! This is a global problem that should be addressed for everyone!

Your response shows a complete lack of understanding of the widescale scope of this problem that makes me more inclined to move on to one of your competitors. 

Hi,

Did you see Sam's post 1 above yours? They are working on a fix, just give it some time (and please don't respond saying 'i've given it time') , I am aware it's been a while, it's a difficult thing to fix. Thanks!

Anthony 🙂

God my inbox has gotten full of reply notifications.

I have switched temporarily to iTunes and mp3 files but ill probably move back to spotify when this is fixed and I have more money (pretty broke after buying this iPhone lol )

Spotify is a great luxury after all 😉

I had not seen Sam's response when I responded to you. His response is much more helpful because it acknowledges that Spotiy EMPLOYEES are aware of the problem and that they are working on it. 

Anthony, when I read your first response, I assumed that you were a Spotfy employee.  To be honest, your response ticked me off. I think everyone would be better served if you allowed the Spotiy employees to speak for themselves. Your responses are not helping. 

@AnthonyB wrote:

@kenrobin wrote:

Hi,

Did you see Sam's post 1 above yours? They are working on a fix, just give it some time (and please don't respond saying 'i've given it time') , I am aware it's been a while, it's a difficult thing to fix. Thanks!

Anthony 🙂

@user-removed wrote:
God my inbox has gotten full of reply notifications.

I have switched temporarily to iTunes and mp3 files but ill probably move back to spotify when this is fixed and I have more money (pretty broke after buying this iPhone lol )

Spotify is a great luxury after all 😉

Hi,

Just to let you know, you can always unsubscribe from notifications to replies from this topic if you don't want to see them anymore.

Anthony 🙂

Just head to 'Topic Options' at the top of the thread, then 'Unsubscribe'.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts