Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify not scrobbling to last.fm on newest version of Spotify

Solved!

spotify not scrobbling to last.fm on newest version of Spotify

its not working at all. i tried deleting spotify, restarted my phone, taking my username out of my social and putting it back, etc. It just doesn't scrobble

135 Replies

Agreed - Anthony is making it worse. If I were Spotify, I would ask him to please stop speaking on their behalf, since he is not employed by them.  It really got under my skin when he turned it back around and took the "poor me" (poor Spotify) approach, saying all the complaining was essentially making it harder for them. Really? HORRIBLE customer service. That almost made me want to take my Spotify business (and that of all my friends) away to Rdio right there on the spot.

Despite what some of the mods are saying here, this is NOT a complicated issue (I don't need the "we're interfacing with last.fm so it's more complex" excuse. Bottom line: it was working before and the new release broke it.  Since your QC process badly failed you, how about just rolling back the latest update? How about making it available for those who want to go back? 

The whole situation and the response has been nothing short of a cluster ****.

Agreed. I have been patiently awaiting a fix for about 10 days, I ended up rolling back to the previous version so I am scrobbling and waiting it out. However I do come back here periodically to check on whether a fix is coming, and I was fooled into thinking AnthonyB was a Spotify employee (due to his use of phrases "us" and "we" - not sure who us and we is if he is not an employee) and his passive aggressive attitude is far more infuriating than the scrobbling issue. 

@jonnym41 wrote:

Agreed. I have been patiently awaiting a fix for about 10 days, I ended up rolling back to the previous version so I am scrobbling and waiting it out. However I do come back here periodically to check on whether a fix is coming, and I was fooled into thinking AnthonyB was a Spotify employee (due to his use of phrases "us" and "we" - not sure who us and we is if he is not an employee) and his passive aggressive attitude is far more infuriating than the scrobbling issue. 

Hi,

As I have stated directly to a couple of people, I would firstly like to apologise for the misunderstanding.

I would secondly like to clarify that anyone below the rank of Moderator is not in direct contact with Spotify, so for future no matter what any user says, they won't actually be able to say anything directly to spotify.

Lastly, the fact that everyone is still posting probably means people will miss Sam's post from earlier. And (as I am aware), that post helped; so I suggest that new people here look back a page or 2 to see what's going on exactly.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

It may also have something to do with the way your structure your posts, i.e. in letter form, which misleadingly makes it appear as if  you either are staff, or just harbour a desire to be one.

Anthony...STOP POSTING here. PLEASE. you have made this SO much worse. this thread was dead, we were all cooling our heels waiting for a fix. you step in and say "hey someone needs to open a ticket...Spotify have FORGOTTEN about this problem!" then when the thread explodes, reasonably, because you did that, you get bent out of shape and ask us to stop posting.

Seriously son. What are you trying to accomplish? You don't work for Spotify, you have no idea what's going on and you are making it worse. Please, for the love of god, on behalf of frustrated customers who are about to jump ship...get a job, or a hobby, or a girlfriend, or something, but stop posting on this thread. you are making everything worse.

It's fixed!!! Phew!!!!!

Just updated 2 minutes ago on iPhone, and it's scrobbling to my Last.fm profile. Only 2 weeks later, next time I'll definitely raise a ticket rather than rely on the forums.

Marked as solution

Hi guys,

Good news! We've just released a new update and the scrobbling should be fixed.

If you're still having trouble, please let us know.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

@Sam wrote:
Hi guys,

Yay! Thanks 😄

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I think I just did something in my pants

I installed the new version (0.6.1.48) fresh on my iPhone 4s, added my last fm details as usual, it's still not scrobbling. I tried 4 tracks in a row, then I closed the client completely, re-opened it, re-entered my last fm details and tried another 2 tracks, still not scrobbling.

😞

Forget that, my iPhone installed the old version of the app somehow! There was an update button on the appstore even though I installed it from being uninstalled.

Thanks!

Thank you.

Seems to work for me too.

My Spotify is back!!!!!!! YAY!  This is why I also use Groove player and sync some backup music from iTunes!  It also scrobbles!  My message to Spotify is avoid this in the future and roll back when needed.  Thank you!

@Sam wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks Sam for your clear updates.

Thanks Spotify for finally fixing the problem.

Updated to latest version and it still won't scribble. I'm in iPhone 5.

Sorry, pls disregard that last comment...
It works just fine!

updated tdy to 0.6.2.72 on my iPad and scrobbling seems to work 🙂

Thank god they actually bothered to fix this issue. Now how about many of the other annoying bugs?

Mine seems to be working now as well 🙂

All is up and running again! Thanks! Too bad the non-scrobbled tracks I listened to during the previous version are now lost...

Suggested posts