Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify not scrobbling to last.fm on newest version of Spotify

Solved!

spotify not scrobbling to last.fm on newest version of Spotify

its not working at all. i tried deleting spotify, restarted my phone, taking my username out of my social and putting it back, etc. It just doesn't scrobble

135 Replies

Spotify 0.6.4.2 does not scrobble offline played tracks in my iphone 5, iOS 6.1.3. Is this working for anyone?

No. Still not working for me in Spotify 0.6.4.2 on IPhone4 on iOS 6.1.2!

Whats happening to the quality of apps at Spotify lately? It seems that they are suddenly introducing much more bugs than before.

Edit:

Now it has started to scrobble again with version 0.6.4.2, but I had to uninstall the app and install it again, losing all my offline files 😞

I am no longer subscribed to this topice yet I keep recieving email notficiations.  Why.

@themartialarts wrote:

I am no longer subscribed to this topice yet I keep recieving email notficiations.  Why.

Try subscibing and then unsubscribing again, me and a few other super users are having the same issue with big topics such as the "Horrible Update" thread on the windows section. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I went to subscribe again, then realised I had the option to unsubscribe, which was the opposite of my status 2 minute ago.  Jesus wept.

Now it has started to scrobble again with version 0.6.4.2, but I had to uninstall the app and install it again, losing all my offline files 😞

Offline scrobbling not working for me on 0.7.1 for iOS.

@Tonilou wrote:
Offline scrobbling not working for me on 0.7.1 for iOS.

This hasn't worked for a while, outlined in this ideas topic

Peter

Peter

Yes, I hoped it'd be implemented/fixed in 0.7.1...

Still not working for me on version 0.9.4.25

Guess I'll delete and reinstall and see what that does 😕

EDIT: Reinstall worked.

"If it doesn't scrobble, it doesn't count!"

Using version 1.5.0 on my phone and the last.fm scrobbling has stopped working >.< This is beyond annoying. Tried deleting and reinstalling the app with no luck, now I just have to make all my tracks offline again...sigh. Help!!

@bethclara - Just tested and it appears to be working fine for me. Are your details definitely correct in the settings menu?

Peter

Seems to be working again! Guess it took a little while to kick in again after deleting/reinstalling. Thanks!

what do you need to reinstall - spotify?

To do this now, you have to tell last.fm your Spotify credentials, whereas it used to be the other way round.

Log into the Last.fm web site, scroll to the bottom and under "Account" click "Settings".  This will bring up all your account details.  Along the top there is a menu bar, one item is "Applications", click that.

Under this there is a new item "Spotify Scrobbling", click that.  You can then enter your Spotify user name and password.  Anything you now play on Spotify using that account will be Scrobbled, including your phone.  

For some reason the Android Spotify App still has an option to enable scrobbling, but nowhere to put in your account details.  Just turn this off - it is no longer needed.

Suggested posts