Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

syncing 7th gen ipod nano with spotify

syncing 7th gen ipod nano with spotify

the subject basically explains the issue. i've bought the new ipod nano but i can't seem to figure out how to sync it with spotify (my 6th gen ipod nano works just fine though) nor to i find any information on that topic online.

thank you for your help

flavio

33 Replies

Just got my new iPod in the mail.  I'm a new Spotify user and signed up for Premium.  I've followed every tech note I could find and none work.  Spotify does not recognize the iPod under Devices.

I'm experiencing the same thing.  I've got a new iPod nano 7th generation (the one released a couple of weeks ago with the new lightning connector).  I've got spotify premium and am running version 0.8.5.1333.g822e0de8.

I've wiped the nano and reset to factory defaults (software version 1.0.1) with itunes and ensured that "open itunes with this ipod is connected" is unchecked.  I disconnect the nanon, shut itunes down and start up spotify.  Then I connect the nano to the lightning usb connector, but nothing happens in spotify.  No devices appear, it just says "iPod   Connect your IPod with a USB cable to let Spotify sync your MP3s".

I'm guessing that the 7th generation nano isn't currently supported (maybe lightning connector related)?  Can anyone confirm or deny that the 7th gen nano should work with Spotify?

Same issue here too.  I bought the new iPod nano and it simply does not connect via USB.  There is no option to connect wirelessly on the Nano, which seems to have solved the problem with earlier versions of different ipods. 

The model number is A1446, FCC ID :BCGA1446A, Serial number: DCYJJBRFFOGV.

Presumably Apple are trying to lock out Spotify, or Spotify haven't got around to ensuring the 7th generation devices hook in. 

Can anyone from Spotify tell us what's going on?

Thanks

Hey guys!

I have escalated this topic to the forum staff for you. Hopefully someone will either be able to clarify what is going on or talk to the development team to get this fixed. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi guys,

Before I can escalate this further, I just need to get a few more details from you...

- Are you all using the new iPod nano with the lightning adaptor?
- What version of the Spotify application are you using on your computer?

Thanks for your patience here. The more info we can collect, the better.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Yes the 7th gen. nano with the lightning adaptor. Version 0.8.5.1333.g822e0de8

yes, the 7th generation nano with lightning adaptor. my spotify version is 0.8.5.1333.g822e0d8

Same as the other guys.  Thanks for the help.

Hi guys,

Thanks for getting back to me about this. I've just reported the issue, I'll keep you updated on any developments.

The basic troubleshooting step for iPod nano's here is disconnecting, then reconnecting the device to your computer. I know it's basic, but have you guys all tried this?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Yes, I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting many times while itunes is off but spotify is on (and it's on the "devices" tab).  

Not sure if this could have anything to do with it, but it also seems to be mounted as a disk in the finder, so to disconnect I'm also ejecting it from the finder.  The option to not mount it as a disk seems to be greyed out in iTunes when connecting it for some reason.

Yes, I've tried that.

Yes. In fact I'm sitting here unplugging it and plugging it back in- I could have told you that wouldn't work but did it anyway. This is probably something we cannot troubleshoot and needs to be fixed by spotify???

Does the iPhone 5 work?  Is it the lightning connector?

PS the only reason I bought this ipod nano was to use with spotify... really could use support !!

hey sam. yeah, i have. thanks for your support

Yes.  I tried it -17 times.  Nothing worked.  I reset it in iTunes. I followed every tech note I could find.  Nothing.

Experiencing same issue here. Tried running Spotify as Administrator, killed all tasks relating to iTunes before opening Spotify... No lucky at all.

Spotify version: 0.8.5.1333.g822e0de8

iPod Nano version: 1.0.1 PC

iPod Nano model: MD481LL

Has anyone tested iphone 5 or ipad with the lightning connector?

Hey!

There is no need to sync an iPhone 5 or iPad using the connector as the Spotify application on those devices can sync over WiFi. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I just got my ipod nano 7th gen today. Just like the rest of you, it doesn't sync with spotify. Please help.

This is pretty rubbish.  Millions of 7th gen nanos have been sold probably and spotify doesn't work with them.  Can anyone give us a time period within which it will be sorted?

Suggested posts