Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

using Spotify on iPhone 5

Solved!

using Spotify on iPhone 5

On my iPad and Macbook, I can pull up any song and listen to it. But on my iPhone, I can't play specific songs. Why is it different?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Spotify Free on mobile allows you to shuffle your playlists, but a Premium subscription is required to access the full range of features (on both mobile and desktop). 

This chart isn't exhaustive, but it shows the major differences between Free and Premium accounts.

comparison

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

Spotify Free on mobile allows you to shuffle your playlists, but a Premium subscription is required to access the full range of features (on both mobile and desktop). 

This chart isn't exhaustive, but it shows the major differences between Free and Premium accounts.

comparison

Thank you. So why can I get those features on ipad and desktop but not on iphone? Does it limit you to only two devices?

Oh, I see, mobile is separate.

@steveruem wrote:

Oh, I see, mobile is separate.

Yes, the iPad and iPhone apps are separate applications and have different features, etc.

It's not really my place to speculate why mobile and tablets are considered different - that's a question for Spotify's marketing team - but I can vouch for the fact that Spotify Premium works really, really well on my iPhone. Syncing offline playlists is great and doesn't use up my very limited data plan.

Suggested posts