Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Connection between App and Computer via LAN???

Since a few days I have the following problem. My Computer is connectet to the Router via LAN Cable. My Android Phone is connectet to the same Router via WLAN. Since the last Android App Update to the "New Style Version" I have the following Problem:...

• Music Fan
  • Since a few days I have the following problem.   My Computer is connectet to the Router via LAN Cable. My Android Phone is connectet to the same Router via WLAN.   Since the last An...
  • SynnoNym
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New installation Galaxy4

Ive just got a new phone and installed my Premiun account on it. Everything works fine, but Im missing a few settings, that I cant remember how I made on the old phone.Heres what I wish for:1. Downloaded playlists appear on top, so I dont have to go ...

• Ive just got a new phone and installed my Premiun account on it. Everything works fine, but Im missing a few settings, that I cant remember how I made on the old phone. Heres what I wish for: 1...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Galaxy S4
    settings
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Galaxy s5 Spotify playlists reloads over and over - freezes

Hi, I'm using Spotify on my new SGS5, and the playmists keeps reloading until Spotify freezes. The app works well besides when I'm in the playlist menu. Also if I'm listening to a song, and goes to the playmist menu, the song will stop, because of th...

• Regular
  • Hi, I'm using Spotify on my new SGS5, and the playmists keeps reloading until Spotify freezes. The app works well besides when I'm in the playlist menu. Also if I'm listening to a song, and goes to t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • freeze
    galaxy s5
    Playlists refreshing error
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

transferring files to windows media player

I have downloaded Spotify on my nokia lumia windows mobile and am wanting to transfer from mobile to my laptop. Can I do this and how?

• I have downloaded Spotify on my nokia lumia windows mobile and am wanting to transfer from mobile to my laptop. Can I do this and how?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

disable shuffle

when I first pull up a playlist, and tap it it won't play until I then hit shuffle. of course then it plays another song found that album a playlist vs the one I tapped. wow that song is playing I cannot replace it and listen to another song unless I...

• Regular
  • when I first pull up a playlist, and tap it it won't play until I then hit shuffle. of course then it plays another song found that album a playlist vs the one I tapped. wow that song is playing I c...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify Android app stuck offline

Hi there, I tried searching for this problem but the only threads i could see are from over a year ago and couldn't see any solution... I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4 and i'm a Spotify Premium user. Whenever I open the app on my phone, it tells me i'm...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I tried searching for this problem but the only threads i could see are from over a year ago and couldn't see any solution...   I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4 and i'm a Spotify Prem...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

activity spotify (in application spotify) is not responding

Whenever I try to access spotify on my phone the screen turns white for about 30 seconds, then a message pops up: "activity spotify (in application spotify) is not responding." I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Any thoughts?

• Whenever I try to access spotify on my phone the screen turns white for about 30 seconds, then a message pops up: "activity spotify (in application spotify) is not responding." I uninstalled and rein...
  • zombie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

unable to use ipod after upgrading

hi.ive just upgraded to premium and my ipod tells me im offline.what can I do?

• hi.ive just upgraded to premium and my ipod tells me im offline.what can I do?
  • Peytonb6
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

option to add whole albums into playlist

Whenever i want to check out an album before comitting to putting it my music collection..i like to put it to my "check this out" list...however the only option right now is to save the album as a playlist in itself..please make the option to make it...

• Regular
  • Whenever i want to check out an album before comitting to putting it my music collection..i like to put it to my "check this out" list...however the only option right now is to save the album as a pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files do not show under Songs, Albums or Artists sections

Local files do not show under Songs, Albums or Artists sections on the app - only under the playlist they were synced by. This seems to be related to https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Your-music-Local-files-not-in-Songs-Albu...

• Casual Listener
  • Local files do not show under Songs, Albums or Artists sections on the app - only under the playlist they were synced by. This seems to be related to https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-D...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes

Serious issues with samsung galaxy s4

When I use headphones and start spotfy, after a little while, google now pops in and songs start to play randomly and for a few seconds. I tried disabling google services and this still happens. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It's quite ...

• When I use headphones and start spotfy, after a little while, google now pops in and songs start to play randomly and for a few seconds. I tried disabling google services and this still happens. I ev...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to delete account on Android phone

I downloaded spotify on my android device, and accidentally started a 7 day free trial. It says that after 7 days, my phone company will bill me monthly. I called them but they didnt know anything about it. If i delete the app, will that cancel the f...

• I downloaded spotify on my android device, and accidentally started a 7 day free trial. It says that after 7 days, my phone company will bill me monthly. I called them but they didnt know anything ab...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound issues

Since the update I have been getting serious issues with sound levels being far to low.I have turnt of sound eq. This gives a slight boost but still only about what other music apps are like on 6 to 8. Turning on eq then pushing all bars to +15 db is...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the update I have been getting serious issues with sound levels being far to low. I have turnt of sound eq. This gives a slight boost but still only about what other music apps are like on 6 ...
  • dbleacy
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Show only offline content does not include downloaded local files

When I select a filter to show only offline content in my music it shows the album as being available but when I go into it, there is no music. However, when I turn off the filter and find the album again, all of the music is there. These are local f...

• Casual Listener
  • When I select a filter to show only offline content in my music it shows the album as being available but when I go into it, there is no music. However, when I turn off the filter and find the album ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

unable to add Album to existing playlist in android app

Not everyone has PCs, this should be addressed! You can do in on pc, but not android. This sometimes means adding thousands of songs one by one instead of 15-20 at a time. Are there any plans to add this functionality back?

• Not everyone has PCs, this should be addressed! You can do in on pc, but not android. This sometimes means adding thousands of songs one by one instead of 15-20 at a time. Are there any plans to add ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't download music

Hello. I have had spotify premium forna few months now. I'm running it on my galaxy s4, this is the only device I have, I am nowhere near the download limit. I have just installed the kitkat software update if that helps? Thanks.

• Regular
  • Hello. I have had spotify premium forna few months now. I'm running it on my galaxy s4, this is the only device I have, I am nowhere near the download limit. I have just installed the kitkat software...
  • ljb_1992
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't download music to Android phone or tablet

I am having trouble downloading certain songs to my phone and tablet from my computer. I have a Premium account, and downloaded playlists work fine on my computer, but I have a lot of local files included in some of them. Most of these songs wont dow...

• Casual Listener
  • I am having trouble downloading certain songs to my phone and tablet from my computer. I have a Premium account, and downloaded playlists work fine on my computer, but I have a lot of local files inc...
  • ljb_1992
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Download local files - free account

Hi, It's been a while since I've used spottify, since It didn't synced my local files. I recenly decided to try it again, but still without any luck. Now i know about the free shuffle option, but my question (or suggestion?) remains: On a FREE user a...

• Regular
  • Hi,   It's been a while since I've used spottify, since It didn't synced my local files. I recenly decided to try it again, but still without any luck. Now i know about the free shuffle op...
  • Xzenor
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Weird ad about a bomb accident in Sportify Premium

This morning I was taking a shower with Spotify on. (Wireless speaker and phone in other room) But after a couple of songs this weird 'ad' comes up. A women talking in bad English how she lost an eye because of a bomb. After the weird story my playli...

• Casual Listener
  • This morning I was taking a shower with Spotify on. (Wireless speaker and phone in other room) But after a couple of songs this weird 'ad' comes up. A women talking in bad English how she lost an eye...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Device not showing up on windows 8.1, also songs wont sync on phone over Wi-Fi

Pc has OS 8.1 pro, and my phone is LG Optimus G Pro with android version 4.1.2 I have been on the forums for awhile and have tried every solution found. ranging from deleting all info from phone, to turning off my firewall and anti-virus. Any help wo...

• Casual Listener
  • Pc has OS 8.1 pro, and my phone is LG Optimus G Pro with android version 4.1.2   I have been on the forums for awhile and have tried every solution found. ranging from deleting all info from...
  • Bizzuh
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes