Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Extreme Quality Downloading Issue

After last update I am unable to download in Extreme Quality. When I select Extreme Quality for streaming and downloading, it switches right back after I start to download. Anybody got the solution? I am using an Android phone

• After last update I am unable to download in Extreme Quality. When I select Extreme Quality for streaming and downloading, it switches right back after I start to download. Anybody got the solution?&...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify bugs

Every time after logging in and downloading music when closed everything whipes off out of spotify. Any ideas how to overcome this problem cause it realy annoys when you have donwloaded few gb's of music and when you wake up in the morning you see th...

• Every time after logging in and downloading music when closed everything whipes off out of spotify. Any ideas how to overcome this problem cause it realy annoys when you have donwloaded few gb's of m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to log in

I can't seem to be able to log in into my account. I enter the right email address and password and press log in, the button changes to "logging in" and then switches back to "log in" after a couple of seconds with no error message or anything else. ...

• I can't seem to be able to log in into my account. I enter the right email address and password and press log in, the button changes to "logging in" and then switches back to "log in" after a couple ...
  • LuxCeleste
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Don't have what got in the album

I'm using vietnamese free version of Spotify on Android. I tried playing 宝石の国 ( houseki no kuni) album several times. It's a Japanese anime OST album but i got a bunch of popular Korean songs played instead. When i tried playing this album on the des...

• I'm using vietnamese free version of Spotify on Android. I tried playing 宝石の国 ( houseki no kuni) album several times. It's a Japanese anime OST album but i got a bunch of popular Korean songs played ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

On Wifi Spotify notification "Downloading 0 out of 7".

So I'm having an odd notification on my Samsung S6 Edge. I have Spotify installed, and everything is working great. But when I connect to my home wifi, I get a notification that says "Downloading 0 out of 6 (0% complete)". This notification cannot be...

• Casual Listener
  • So I'm having an odd notification on my Samsung S6 Edge.  I have Spotify installed, and everything is working great.  But when I connect to my home wifi, I get a notification that says "Dow...
  • ryan6292
  • 7 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 10 likes

Android/Spotify stops after about half a song when outside app

I have had this problem for ages, uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing data, updating doesn't work. Spotify plays fine on lock screen and in app, but when outside of the app (Sony Xperia on Android) it stops halfway through the song. When I go bac...

• I have had this problem for ages, uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing data, updating doesn't work.  Spotify plays fine on lock screen and in app, but when outside of the app (Sony Xperia on ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

EQ not working, in app equalizer

EQ won't work at all on Moto Z2 Play. Using the wired headphone 3.5mm jack. Setting is set to wired. No effect at all. Please help. Thanks.

• EQ won't work at all on Moto Z2 Play. Using the wired headphone 3.5mm jack. Setting is set to wired. No effect at all. Please help. Thanks. 
  • d00d4206969
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there any way to see all songs by an artist on android?

For example, I'd like to see all songs by the band "Yes" so I can't just search for yes and click "see all songs" because there are too many bands that also have that word in their name. I feel like I should be able to get to a list and then have sor...

• Casual Listener
  • For example, I'd like to see all songs by the band "Yes" so I can't just search for yes and click "see all songs" because there are too many bands that also have that word in their name.   I f...
  • x01
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify switches from SD card to internal memory

I want Spotify to use my SD Card as memory location.When I tick the button to ,, save on SD Card" it does save there then but after a few days it switches to internal memory again.Why can't it stay there? And also, sometimes it happens that Spotify d...

• I want Spotify to use my SD Card as memory location. When I tick the button to ,, save on SD Card" it does save there then but after a few days it switches to internal memory again. Why can't it st...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to download local file song from my computer to my phone.

Yeah so as said in the title, I can't play a song, that I've put into a playlist in my comp, on my phone. It greys out when it displays, making me unable to select it on my phone but allow me to play on my computer. I have re-downloaded Spotify on my...

• Casual Listener
  • Yeah so as said in the title, I can't play a song, that I've put into a playlist in my comp,  on my phone. It greys out when it displays, making me unable to select it on my phone but allow me t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening to a specific song on your playlist

Spotify is a great app to listen to your favorite artists and connect with other people but the feature i will be talking about probably been said a million times now but why can't we listen to a specific song in our playlist without shuffle play ? I...

• Spotify is a great app to listen to your favorite artists and connect with other people but the feature i will be talking about probably been said a million times now but why can't we listen to a spe...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Downloaded playlists keeps redownloading

Hello all, I have multiple playlists available for offline play, but every time it seems like spotify deletes the songs by itself and I have to go on wifi to redownload them.. I did a complete clean install (deleting app, with all the folders and reb...

• Regular
  • Hello all,    I have multiple playlists available for offline play, but every time it seems like spotify deletes the songs by itself and I have to go on wifi to redownload them.. I did ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle plays the same tracks

I often use the shuffle function on all songs, but it always seems to churn through the same tracks each time. There are over 3500 tracks on my all music, and some i never hear. I reaslise this as I play individual albums and tracks. I dont suppose t...

• Roadie
  • I often use the shuffle function on all songs, but it always seems to churn through the same tracks each time. There are over 3500 tracks on my all music, and some i never hear. I reaslise this as I ...
  • Mithachu
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle and Cycle Automatically disabled when I select a song from a playlist

Every time I play a song in the playlist, the shuffle and cycle function would automatically be disabled. When I turn them on again and then choose to play another from the playlist, shuffle and cycle would then be disabled again. It happens after I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I play a song in the playlist, the shuffle and cycle function would automatically be disabled.  When I turn them on again and then choose to play another from the playlist, shuffle an...
  • Jacquelinehowe
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sound quality vs Google Play is terrible. Why??

I know there's plenty of threads out there regarding sound quality, but nothing has solved my issues. If it matters I have the 2014 Moto X. Problem: I can pick any song, doesn't matter - songs I've never listened to and songs I have, play them in Spo...

• Music Fan
  • I know there's plenty of threads out there regarding sound quality, but nothing has solved my issues.   If it matters I have the 2014 Moto X.   Problem: I can pick any song, doesn't...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 48 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 48 replies
  • 5 likes

Unable to login. Either username or password is incorrect

Hi, I've been using Spotify Premium for nearly 2 years, never had any issues.I recently got a new phone. I cannot seem to login. It says "unable to login. Either username or password is incorrect." I can sign in ok through my laptop.I removed the app...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I've been using Spotify Premium for nearly 2 years, never had any issues. I recently got a new phone. I cannot seem to login. It says "unable to login. Either username or password is in...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix - Reset / Change completely

Had a dinner party where we handmade pasta and I had the Italian Dinner Party playlist playing for several hours simply for the ambiance. It worked nicely for that evening, however now one of my daily mix playlists is useless. The daily mix concept i...

• Casual Listener
  • Had a dinner party where we handmade pasta and I had the Italian Dinner Party playlist playing for several hours simply for the ambiance.  It worked nicely for that evening, however now one of m...
  • xXRafaelXx
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Calidad de audio

Me acabo de cambiar a premium y no puedo poner calidad de audio extrema. Saben cómo puedo hacerle? Me dice que descubrí una funcionalidad de premium y que me.cambie pero ya lo hice y no puedo.AYUDA!

• Me acabo de cambiar a premium y no puedo poner calidad de audio extrema. Saben cómo puedo hacerle? Me dice que descubrí una funcionalidad de premium y que me.cambie pero ya lo hice y no puedo. AYUDA!
  • k03xvcemkis0x8e
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Se cambia la calidad automáticamente

Hola!Resulta que desde hace mucho tiempo, por alguna razón, las configuraciones de calidad se modifican automáticamente.He actualizado y desinstalado la app y hasta formateado el teléfono para mejor rendimiento y sigue igual.Es decir: la calidad de d...

• Regular
  • Hola! Resulta que desde hace mucho tiempo, por alguna razón, las configuraciones de calidad se modifican automáticamente. He actualizado y desinstalado la app y hasta formateado el teléfono para me...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

I can't get rid of a push notification

I can't seem to find a way to get rid of the post notification that's showing up on my home screen. It's driving me insane and I just want to get rid of the notification.

• Casual Listener
  • I can't seem to find a way to get rid of the post notification that's showing up on my home screen. It's driving me insane and I just want to get rid of the notification. 
  • jordydex
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Notifications
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes