Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sempre offline

Il mio spotify premium risulta sempre offline anche se risulta collegato a wi fi o a rete mobile quindi non posso cercare e ascoltare playlist e musica al di fuori di quelle scaricare. Come posso fare a risolvere il problema?

• Il mio spotify premium risulta sempre offline anche se risulta collegato a wi fi o a rete mobile quindi non posso cercare e ascoltare playlist e musica al di fuori di quelle scaricare. Come posso far...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify shows offline error and switches layouts randomly.

Spotify has been acting weird for a few hours. I just can't search for any song and can't look at the home page since an error pops up saying i'm offline. I can still listen to my songs, but they aren't in offline mode. A few minutes ago the app shut...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify has been acting weird for a few hours. I just can't search for any song and can't look at the home page since an error pops up saying i'm offline. I can still listen to my songs, but they are...
  • TheFG
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

unable to play some playlists

I'm unable to play some playlists. They're downloaded to my phone and showing up as green (nothing else to download), when I press shuffle it doesn't do anything. Any way to fix this w/o reinstalling the app and re-downloading everything again?

• Music Fan
  • I'm unable to play some playlists. They're downloaded to my phone and showing up as green (nothing else to download), when I press shuffle it doesn't do anything. Any way to fix this w/o reinstalling...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! where does my download from spotify go on my android??

I'm fairy new 2 all this but I downloaded an album from spotify 2 my android & now I can't find it anywhere..could sum1 help plz??

• Regular
  • I'm fairy new 2 all this but I downloaded an album from spotify 2 my android & now I can't find it anywhere..could sum1 help plz??
  • Anonymous93
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

All songs greyed out

Hi,Im from india. I was able to play songs on spotify android earlier and now all the songs are greyed and wont play. However spotify works fine on a laptop. Anybody help is appreciated

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Im from india. I was able to play songs on spotify android earlier and now all the songs are greyed and wont play. However spotify works fine on a laptop.   Anybody help is appreciated
  • Kartikrai
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lautstaerke geht auf null

Moin,ich habe seit 2-3 Wochen ein echtes Problem mit meinem Handy (s8+ Android 8.0) Ich lasse Spotify laufen und Wechsel in eine andere App. Ploetzlich bekomme ich die Nachricht: "App wird im Hintergrund ausgefuehrt" und die Musik verstummt.Der Schie...

• Moin, ich habe seit 2-3 Wochen ein echtes Problem mit meinem Handy (s8+ Android 8.0)   Ich lasse Spotify laufen und Wechsel in eine andere App. Ploetzlich bekomme ich die Nachricht: "App wird...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Stops playing randomly

I have a brand new Nokia 8 with latest Android Oreo.Spotify stops playing my playlist when both online and offline. This happens randomly in the middle of a track. It is perhaps of some phone activities in the background? Don't know. Anyone who can h...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a brand new Nokia 8 with latest Android Oreo. Spotify stops playing my playlist when both online and offline. This happens randomly in the middle of a track. It is perhaps of some phone ...
  • Lars64
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is only playing about 200 songs of 700

I've got a playlist with about 700 songs, but spotify's only playing about 200 of them. I'm playing in shuffle mode and the 200 songs are at a random position in the playlist, but everytime I start the playlist nearly the same about 200 songs are pla...

• I've got a playlist with about 700 songs, but spotify's only playing about 200 of them. I'm playing in shuffle mode and the 200 songs are at a random position in the playlist, but everytime I start t...
  • rooooyyg
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

error al descargar

hola! cuando pongo una lista de reproduccion a descargar aparece el indicador de descarga de las canciones, pero cuando activo el modo offline, este simbolo desaparece y no puedo escuchar las canciones, intente reinstalar pero no tuve solucion, tengo...

• Casual Listener
  • hola! cuando pongo una lista de reproduccion a descargar aparece el indicador de descarga de las canciones, pero cuando activo el modo offline, este simbolo desaparece y no puedo escuchar las cancion...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Follow button isn't there

I have a J3 samsung and when I go to follow my friends on the app there was no follow button and I even tried deleting and redowloading the app and it still wasnt there.

• I have a J3 samsung and when I go to follow my friends on the app there was no follow button and I even tried deleting and redowloading the app and it still wasnt there.  
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

The music isn't really "shuffling"

So unfortunately my phone automatically updated my spotify, which I didn't want to happen. I commend spotify for trying some new things about spotify, but I just dont like the new update. Im a user that has the free subscription, and I'm completely f...

• So unfortunately my phone automatically updated my spotify, which I didn't want to happen. I commend spotify for trying some new things about spotify, but I just dont like the new update. Im a user t...
  • neoprodigy
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downgrade to older version?

The new mobile app update is absolute **bleep**. I can't access ANY of the songs I'd saved and it gives me limited access to the artists I'm following/have songs from and the albums that I've saved/saved songs from. Unless I go premium I'm sure that ...

• The new mobile app update is absolute **bleep**. I can't access ANY of the songs I'd saved and it gives me limited access to the artists I'm following/have songs from and the albums that I've saved/s...
  • 0 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 22 likes

can you listen to unknown album songs?

hey, i've found a song i like on youtube ("sleep thru ur alarms" by Lontalius) and i saw it on spotify when i searched for it but it was greyed out and said "unknown album". the rest of the songs from the same album i know its in are playable, but th...

• hey, i've found a song i like on youtube ("sleep thru ur alarms" by Lontalius) and i saw it on spotify when i searched for it but it was greyed out and said "unknown album". the rest of the songs fro...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't buy premium in Israel

The app doesn't let me pay for the premium via PayPal or credit card Which work internationally

• Casual Listener
  • The app doesn't let me pay for the premium via PayPal or credit card Which work internationally
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New android app - Radio?

Soooo... With the new app... Where are my artist radios? And where is the artist information/history/about?And for god's sake, wheres the search within a playlist, so I can verify if I already added a song?

• Roadie
  • Soooo... With the new app...   Where are my artist radios?  And where is the artist information/history/about? And for god's sake, wheres the search within a playlist, so I can verify i...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

playlist wont play in shuffle and sudden UI change

Ever since i logged out then logged back in to a new account, the UI suddenly changed and now i cant play my playlsit in shuffle anymore, even when i select "shuffle play". so everytime i listen to the playlist i have to listen to the first few songs...

• Visitor
  • Ever since i logged out then logged back in to a new account, the UI suddenly changed and now i cant play my playlsit in shuffle anymore, even when i select "shuffle play". so everytime i listen to t...
  • neoprodigy
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I want to use Spotify like Pandora?

Let me explain: I'm not a huge fan of playlists per say, the type where you put all your favorite songs , maybe shuffle the list and then play all of thoise? I like being surprised with variety. I want to be able to indicate I like certain songs/ ban...

• Let me explain:   I'm not a huge fan of playlists per say, the type where you put all your favorite songs , maybe shuffle the list and then play all of thoise? I like being surprised with vari...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No eq?

Hi all, for some reason I haven't been able to find my eq settings on my android, it was there previously, has it been removed or is this some kind of bug? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, for some reason I haven't been able to find my eq settings on my android, it was there previously, has it been removed or is this some kind of bug?  Thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes