Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Tryp
  • Casual Listener
  • 67 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 67 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

friend feed not working right

Having this issue over the past couple weeks. I follow 170 people and it only shows activity from 20ish of them, and not even the ones whose taste in music is closest to mine windows 10 latest version of the desktop app I believe

• Casual Listener
  • Having this issue over the past couple weeks.  I follow 170 people and it only shows activity from 20ish of them, and not even the ones whose taste in music is closest to mine 😛 windows 10 late...
  • paulvej1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

RECENTLY PLAYED ARTIST NOT UPDATING

Hi,I have been looking and i have found that my recently played artist is not updating.I also went to my friend page and saw it was not updating for them. This has been here for nearly a month and it is annyoing me.since i pay for spotify i need a fi...

• Hi, I have been looking and i have found that my recently played artist is not updating. I also went to my friend page and saw it was not updating for them.  This has been here for nearly a m...
  • snickel63
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

I can't see friends feed correctly

I can't see my friends feed correctly, it looks like it's scrolled up and I can only see one friend at a time.

• I can't see my friends feed correctly, it looks like it's scrolled up and I can only see one friend at a time.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discovery Weekly is not working properly

I am having problem with my discovery weekly playlist, instead of giving me one playlist for a week, it's give me more than one, for some reason every sunday its giving me a playlist that last just one day, because on monday i receive another playlis...

• I am having problem with my discovery weekly playlist, instead of giving me one playlist for a week, it's give me more than one, for some reason every sunday its giving me a playlist that last just o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend's playlists don't update when new songs are added.

So I've been following a friend of mine's playlists since last year, but the playlists don't update with the new songs they've added to them. The only reason anyone can tell there are new songs on the playlists is because it shows up on their feed as...

• So I've been following a friend of mine's playlists since last year, but the playlists don't update with the new songs they've added to them. The only reason anyone can tell there are new songs on th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Setting are not saving

So, for some time I have an issue with Spotify's settings, especially advanced. Every time I close the app, my settings are being discarded, ie. offline storage, best artist, volume. I have tried clean install, to no avail. Running Windows 10 with al...

• So, for some time I have an issue with Spotify's settings, especially advanced.   Every time I close the app, my settings are being discarded, ie. offline storage, best artist, volume. I have ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Desktop Windows App is not saving my Settings under Social

The Desktop app is not saving my changed settings on social. I toggle off the "automatically make new playlists public" and "show my current top artists" and those options never stay saved once I restart Spotify on Windows.

• The Desktop app is not saving my changed settings on social. I toggle off the "automatically make new playlists public" and "show my current top artists" and those options never stay saved once I r...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

settings not memorized

Spotify seems to doesn't keep the settings and each time i restart my device they revert back, any suggestions?

• Spotify seems to doesn't keep the settings and each time i restart my device they revert back, any suggestions?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Settings under "Social" tab not saving

All of my settings stay changed after I exit and restart my Spotify app, EXCEPT for those under the Social tab. For example, if I turn off the "Show my current Top Artists" option, my recently played artists still remains visible on my profile to mys...

• Regular
  • All of my settings stay changed after I exit and restart my Spotify app, EXCEPT for those under the Social tab. For example, if I turn off the "Show my current Top Artists" option, my recently played...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Social preferences won't save

Hey everyone, this is my first time using the Spotify forum so sorry if I am posting in the wrong place/way.Anyways, Spotify does not save my preferences on the desktop app. I first noticed this problem with making my account public vs private-- the ...

• ...roblem with making my account public vs private-- the option to "publish my activity to Spotify" is always turned off when I open up the app, and I have to manually turn it back on each time. This is r...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to disable "Show my current Top artists" on desktop

I always disable the "Show my top artists" option (Preference > Social), but whenever I exit the app and open it again, the option gets re-enabled every single time. I'm not sure what the issue is, but both my computers(win 8.1 and 10) have the same ...

• I always disable the "Show my top artists" option (Preference > Social), but whenever I exit the app and open it again, the option gets re-enabled every single time. I'm not sure what the issue is...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Question About "Publish Activity On Spotify."

I have a quick question. If I select "Publish Activity On Spotify," does that mean it will start from that moment on? Or does that mean people can also see all my past artists I've listened to (recently played)? Last question, does "Publish Activity ...

• Visitor
  • I have a quick question. If I select "Publish Activity On Spotify," does that mean it will start from that moment on? Or does that mean people can also see all my past artists I've listened to (recen...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Social settings

When I want to publish my activity on spotify and make it public it oly stays public until I turn off my computer. Is there a way to make it public forever?

• When I want to publish my activity on spotify and make it public it oly stays public until I turn off my computer. Is there a way to make it public forever?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Friends not showing on artist

Hi all, before I clearly remember when viewing an artist's page, it showed which of my friends listened to said artist. Not really sure after which update, but I no longer see it, and I've tried many popular artists surely at least one person would l...

• Hi all, before I clearly remember when viewing an artist's page, it showed which of my friends listened to said artist. Not really sure after which update, but I no longer see it, and I've tried many...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

autostart at login turned off but still starts at login

Using Windows 10 and desktop app. I have auto start turned off, but Spotify still starts at login. How do I get this to stop? Why have the option if it does nothing?

• Using Windows 10 and desktop app. I have auto start turned off, but Spotify still starts at login. How do I get this to stop? Why have the option if it does nothing?
  • Cariffo
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Recently Played songs do not appear.

I opened Spotify and it didn't start on the last song I was listening to (which happens all the time) so I went to Recently Played and it came up with "Nothing here yet.". I checked, and Recently Played songs show up on the Web Player. Any help?

• Casual Listener
  • I opened Spotify and it didn't start on the last song I was listening to (which happens all the time) so I went to Recently Played and it came up with "Nothing here yet.". I checked, and Recently Pla...
  • l7ke
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Please fix chromecast with Spotify

I predominately use Spotify on my MacBook Air, however, I have had some issues over the past few days. I recently bought a Google Chromecast, and on desktop and browser, I cannot find my chromecast whatsoever on the devices list. If someone could ple...

• I predominately use Spotify on my MacBook Air, however, I have had some issues over the past few days. I recently bought a Google Chromecast, and on desktop and browser, I cannot find my ch...
  • Regimbaud
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not playing one track

Every time I try to play and record Tchaikovsky/Sibelius' Violin concerto played by Batiashvili/Barenboim, the 1st movement of Sibelius doesn't record and frequently (but not every time) there is no sound played on my computer. There is no problem wi...

• Every time I try to play and record Tchaikovsky/Sibelius' Violin concerto played by Batiashvili/Barenboim, the 1st movement of Sibelius doesn't record and frequently (but not every time) there is no ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is Spotify.exe changed to Spotify.ink (microsoft app)

I want the old spotify backsame as him: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Windows-10-installation-NOT-from-store/td-p/4379410

• I want the old spotify back same as him: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Windows-10-installation-NOT-from-store/td-p/4379410
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The images of my playlists are not updated

I need help guys, I tried to reupload images like 3 times and they don't update… They just appear updated on my profile but when I go to the playlists they don't. I tried it with Mac and iPhone obviously with their last Spotify version. Thanks!

• Regular
  • I need help guys, I tried to reupload images like 3 times and they don't update… They just appear updated on my profile but when I go to the playlists they don't.   I tried it with Mac and iPh...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes