Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • RealNC
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • shark1975
  • Casual Listener
  • 252 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 252 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Playlist not showing first 4 album covers

Hi, I tried to set a playlistpicture, but I didn't like it, so i removed the picture. Now there is no album cover showing at all (normally the first 4 album covers should be shown)This is only in my playlist (phone and desktop). When I visit my profi...

• Hi, I tried to set a playlistpicture, but I didn't like it, so i removed the picture. Now there is no album cover showing at all (normally the first 4 album covers should be shown) This is only in m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Error code 7 & 2

Hi guys, Yesterday I was having a problem with spotity, it was telling me there was no internet and was stuck in offline mode... I stupidly decided to logout, and now im stuck with error code 7 (when trying to login with facebook) and error code 2 (w...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys,   Yesterday I was having a problem with spotity, it was telling me there was no internet and was stuck in offline mode... I stupidly decided to logout, and now im stuck with error cod...
  • Alithiel
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Windows 10 Freeze System

Hi. Some time ago I am having problems with the Spotify application in Windows 10. Sometimes the program freezes the system and I have to restart the computer.Is there any solution for that? Is very annoying.Thanks.

• Hi. Some time ago I am having problems with the Spotify application in Windows 10. Sometimes the program freezes the system and I have to restart the computer. Is there any solution for that? Is ver...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Need to disable local file play

I had spotify installed a couple months ago. Just resubscribed but now when I go into my desktop client and search for something...it pulls up older local files that I synced. I just want it to always use the spotify library and not my local files. I...

• Regular
  • I had spotify installed a couple months ago. Just resubscribed but now when I go into my desktop client and search for something...it pulls up older local files that I synced. I just want it to alway...
  • Jack57
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't go online even though I have an internet connection

My spotify will not go online even though I have an internect connection on my desktop and it is not letting me listen to ANY of my music. I have tried logging out and logging back in, exiting the program, restarting my computer, almost everything. I...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify will not go online even though I have an internect connection on my desktop and it is not letting me listen to ANY of my music. I have tried logging out and logging back in, exiting the pr...
  • xfelsousa29x
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Se puede escojer el disco duro donde guardar las canciones offline?

Muy buenas, tengo un pequeño problema, justo hoy me he dado de alta en spotify premium y he puesto mis listas de reproducion en modo offline. El problema es que las canciones se guardan en el disco duro C, que en mi caso es un disco duro solido de ta...

• Casual Listener
  • Muy buenas,   tengo un pequeño problema, justo hoy me he dado de alta en spotify premium y he puesto mis listas de reproducion en modo offline. El problema es que las canciones se guardan en e...
  • porrrtico
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't find the play queue

Since the latest upgrade a day or two ago, I can't find the Play queue and play history. They used to be in the Main menu. Where are they gone to? I'm using Spotify Premium, the standalone player, on Windows 7.

• Regular
  • Since the latest upgrade a day or two ago, I can't find the Play queue and play history.   They used to be in the Main menu.   Where are they gone to?   I'm using Spotify Premium...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files don't play

I have a few MP3s on my computer and Spotify automatically detected them. I went to play them on my computer, and it told me the song wasn't available, but I could import it if I have the files on my computer(this is stilll in the local files folder)...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a few MP3s on my computer and Spotify automatically detected them. I went to play them on my computer, and it told me the song wasn't available, but I could import it if I have the files ...
  • shackman999
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files not showing up in search

Whenever I search the name of an artist that I have in iTunes but is not on spotify their music doesn't show up in the search. I can go to local files and find the songs that way but I can't search my local files through spotify. For example in the p...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I search the name of an artist that I have in iTunes but is not on spotify their music doesn't show up in the search. I can go to local files and find the songs that way but I can't search m...
  • mlacy1358
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes

Desktop app can't connect to phone

Hello,i'm running Spotify desktop 1.0.68.407.g6864aaaf, I used to listen through my Samsung J5 (phone is hooked to stereo via Bluetooth), but now my desktop app can't connect to the phone anymore. The phone is there under Devices menu, but greyed out...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, i'm running Spotify desktop 1.0.68.407.g6864aaaf, I used to listen through my Samsung J5 (phone is hooked to stereo via Bluetooth), but now my desktop app can't connect to the phone anym...
  • MichRzesz666
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Menu incompleto

Buenas, mi problema es que no tengo todo el menu completo y quiero descargar Tunewiki, no me aparece la opcion descargar aplicaciones y varias opciones mas del menu, alguien sabe que puede estar faltando? Muchas graciasSaludos

• Buenas, mi problema es que no tengo todo el menu completo y quiero descargar Tunewiki, no me aparece la opcion descargar aplicaciones y varias opciones mas del menu, alguien sabe que puede estar falt...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle option not working as intended?

Hello and im sorry if this was posted already, im new.The issue is that doesn't matter how much times i click on shuffle or from where i click it it 'shuffles' the songs the same every time. Tried restarting/reinstalling, even using it on my both iOS...

• Regular
  • Hello and im sorry if this was posted already, im new. The issue is that doesn't matter how much times i click on shuffle or from where i click it it 'shuffles' the songs the same every time. Trie...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

yet another spotifay crashes after startup therad

hi all,what the F#%K is going on with this forum?i had to remove the specs of my machine to be able to post??? plz see attached file.. years, but last week it suddenly could not start spotify. it opens up but shutdowns as soon as the user is logged i...

• Casual Listener
  • hi all, what the F#%K is going on with this forum? i had to remove the specs of my machine to be able to post??? plz see attached file..    years, but last week it suddenly could not st...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

why does Spotify keep playing endlessly at the end of a track?

Hi. Sometimes Spotify just keeps playing silence at the end of a track and it never stops. I can't go to the nextsong or a previous song or play a different playlist, it just seems completely stuck and keeps playing that same track endlessly. See the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.   Sometimes Spotify just keeps playing silence at the end of a track and it never stops. I can't go to the next song or a previous song or play a different playlist, it just seems complet...
  • dohduhdah
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify window moving on startup

This is probably the weirdest problem I've ever had with a piece of software but for some reason whenever the spotify app on my desktop launches it is roughly about 1 inch to the left of where it was when I closed it. I know this sounds insane but I ...

• This is probably the weirdest problem I've ever had with a piece of software but for some reason whenever the spotify app on my desktop launches it is roughly about 1 inch to the left of where it was...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Any Way I can Make Binds to Play Certain Playlists

I play a lot of videogamse and sometimes need to tab out if I want to skip the music, but I don't have enough time. so I was wondering if I could set binds to make a playlist play, or skip a song. Thanks in advance.

•      I play a lot of videogamse and sometimes need to tab out if I want to skip the music, but I don't have enough time. so I was wondering if I could set binds to make a playlist...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Fr- Probleme de connexion a un compte Spotify

Bonjour,(Excusez moi des fautes pour les accents mais je ne pouvais en envoyer.)j'ai actuellement un probleme, je souhaiterais me connecter a un compte qui est apparemment bien existant vu que Spotify est bien "connecter avec Facebook" comme indiquer...

• Bonjour, (Excusez moi des fautes pour les accents mais je ne pouvais en envoyer.) j'ai actuellement un probleme, je souhaiterais me connecter a un compte qui est apparemment bien existant vu que Sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

hi not sure if this is the right section...

hi was wondering if there was any way i could download and transfer my downloaded songs to my laptop so i can put them on itunes and on my ipod please any ideas would help cause i want the songs i have on my ipod so that i can listen to them with out...

• Casual Listener
  • hi was wondering if there was any way i could download and transfer my downloaded songs to my laptop so i can put them on itunes and on my ipod please any ideas would help cause i want the songs i ha...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Replace missing streamable songs with locals

Hi,I used to listen to some songs that once were on Spotify (for example the French band Tetes Raides or Peter Gabriel) and that are now missing (because of label choices, I assume). I would like to replace these missing songs with local files on my ...

• Hi, I used to listen to some songs that once were on Spotify (for example the French band Tetes Raides or Peter Gabriel) and that are now missing (because of label choices, I assume). I would like t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Will I know if my follower is playing the song i am currently listening to?

I notice our friend could see our activity through the desktop version of Spotify. However, will I be notified if they click play on my current playing song?

• I notice our friend could see our activity through the desktop version of Spotify. However, will I be notified if they click play on my current playing song?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes