Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • LukaMatsunoki
  • Visitor
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Win 10 Spotify App can't play any music.

I am a premium member using andriod and Win 10 spotify app. Win 10 App suudenly out of order and can't play any song. A blue bar showing ' This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.' This message keeps showin...

• I am a premium member using andriod and Win 10 spotify app. Win 10 App suudenly out of order and can't play any song. A blue bar showing ' This song is not available. If you have the file on your com...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is Spotify deleting songs from My Songs?

A few days ago I had like 5-6 tracks from Maroon 5's new album and today it appears that most of them are gone from my library and only one was left, so I had to add them again. This doesn't happen for the first time.

• Visitor
  • A few days ago I had like 5-6 tracks from Maroon 5's new album and today it appears that most of them are gone from my library and only one was left, so I had to add them again. This doesn't happen f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All my songs are gone

All my songs have disappeared? I left my computer to go over to our office for an hour and now all my songs have disappeared. Albums are only showing 7 albumsRecently played is only showing 5 songs. What happened?

• All my songs have disappeared?   I left my computer to go over to our office for an hour and now all my songs have disappeared.  Albums are only showing 7 albums Recently played is only...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search is broken

So i search for a song title and spotify suggests whatever the **bleep** it likes, not even close to the name, and my song is not showing. I add the group name and voila, there it is. How the **bleep** can this happen on a sane search engine? Are you...

• Music Fan
  • So i search for a song title and spotify suggests whatever the **bleep** it likes, not even close to the name, and my song is not showing. I add the group name and voila, there it is. How the **bleep...
  • TimHowells
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Feed Not Showing on Facebook

Hi all, I've been having some trouble recently in that what I'm listening to on Spotify no longer shows up on my Facebook account. I can see no logical reason for this to have happened, but maybe I'm missing something and someone here can help me out...

• Hi all,  I've been having some trouble recently in that what I'm listening to on Spotify no longer shows up on my Facebook account. I can see no logical reason for this to have happened, but ma...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Library/Playlist

Is it possible to move a playlist I imported from another source in to my library? I usually listen to my music by shuffling all songs but I have added some albums that are not on spotify and i would like to be able to listen to them mixed in with al...

• Is it possible to move a playlist I imported from another source in to my library? I usually listen to my music by shuffling all songs but I have added some albums that are not on spotify and i ...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to download music in spotify for windows

Hello,I am having the following issue,I am unable to download music with spotify for Windows, the download option is not appearing and I really want to download music to listen on the go.I hope you can help me with this issue Regards!

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I am having the following issue, I am unable to download music with spotify for Windows, the download option is not appearing and I really want to download music to listen on the go. I hope...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Top Left Overlay

Hello Anyone know how i am able to get the top left overlay, ive seen loads of people online with it, but im not able to find any way to add it. Currently on lastest version of Win10, if anyone could help me that would be amazing as it really annoyin...

• Hello   Anyone know how i am able to get the top left overlay, ive seen loads of people online with it, but im not able to find any way to add it. Currently on lastest version of Win10, if any...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify crashes on startup

Spotify crashes silently on startup. There are error messages in the eventviewer and with processexplorer I can see that it does start but the closes again. I assume this is related to the windows 10 creators update. Uninstallation does not work eith...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify crashes silently on startup.   There are error messages in the eventviewer and with processexplorer I can see that it does start but the closes again.   I assume this is related...
  • kjhgjyhf
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Disliked Songs keep popping up

After some time or after pressing any button disliked songs in my radio stations appear again, at the same spot in the playlist. Disliking them again does not make a difference as they just pop up again. I restartet the Desktop app and it also did no...

• After some time or after pressing any button disliked songs in my radio stations appear again, at the same spot in the playlist. Disliking them again does not make a difference as they just pop up ag...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Your Library - Artists

I follow artists, I go to the artists section under library - then what? I see "wish lists" to do something but am I right that even though I selected 10 artists, after that there is no way to instantly say "play any music by these artists"? Not seei...

• Music Fan
  • I follow artists, I go to the artists section under library - then what? I see "wish lists" to do something but am I right that even though I selected 10 artists, after that there is no way to i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Crashing Upon Editing a Playlist Picture

Hi! First off, I really love your app and use it on the daily. I genuinely appreciate your support of the artists! Down to the point of this post, though: recently I've noticed that the Windows desktop app crashes every time I attempt to change or ad...

• Hi! First off, I really love your app and use it on the daily. I genuinely appreciate your support of the artists!   Down to the point of this post, though: recently I've noticed that the Wind...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't stream on pc but does on iphone. Uninstalled and reinstalled but music not available

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify but still receive message that song is unavailable. ALL songs are unavailable. Yet, I can play everything on my iphone. what is the problem?

• I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify but still receive message that song is unavailable. ALL songs are unavailable. Yet, I can play everything on my iphone. what is the problem?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong pictures on playlists.

So I have changed my profile picture and it shows in the top right corner. Everything alright, but on my weekly playlist is still the old one. Is this some sort of bug or just a glich in the code ?. Would be nice to now how to change that. I hope you...

• So I have changed my profile picture and it shows in the top right corner. Everything alright, but on my weekly playlist is still the old one. Is this some sort of bug or just a glich in the code ?.&...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Cpu performance

The app runs at 100% cpu utilization on my 200gHz processor with adequate memory-even with the music turned off.Thus slow everything down. Similar experiences? Solutions?

• Casual Listener
  • The app runs at 100% cpu utilization on my 200gHz processor with adequate memory-even with the music turned off.Thus slow everything down. Similar experiences? Solutions?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Version 1.0.69.336.g7edcc575 Cannot Reorignise Playlist

Hi Since update to 1.0.69.336.g7edcc575 you can no longer drag drop to reorg a platlist. There is no White line etc

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   Since update to 1.0.69.336.g7edcc575 you can no longer drag drop to reorg a platlist. There is no White line etc    
  • Blue_Fishey
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify offline while having a wifi connection

Hi! It's the most ridiculous problem you can think of, but my desktop spotify program can't get online. I've removed and re-installed it 8 times by now. But I can''t get it online! I've checked my firewall about idunno preventing spotify for having a...

• Hi! It's the most ridiculous problem you can think of, but my desktop spotify program can't get online. I've removed and re-installed it 8 times by now. But I can''t get it online! I've checked my fi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Started a fully, detailed and explained post on a potential problem - got deleted by Spotify.

As topic says, I made a topic about my "Top tracks 2017" list i got on my Spotify Premium Acc. It doesn't reflect at all the songs I've listened to in the year 2017 - Well maybe a few, but mostly not. I made a full, nice and detailed post about it he...

• Regular
  • As topic says, I made a topic about my "Top tracks 2017" list i got on my Spotify Premium Acc. It doesn't reflect at all the songs I've listened to in the year 2017 - Well maybe a few, but mostly not...
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Deleted post
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Played list shows nothing

I am using Spotify on my windows 10 laptop (version: 1.0.64.403.gb738707f (Windows Store version)) The app mostly works, though I had to turn off hardware acceleration in order to prevent it from crashing my system. In any event, I've been playing mu...

• Regular
  • I am using Spotify on my windows 10 laptop (version: 1.0.64.403.gb738707f (Windows Store version))   The app mostly works, though I had to turn off hardware acceleration in order to preve...
  • jwalraev
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Newest spotify update for windows causing high CPU usage while not minimized

I've been on Spotify for windows version 1.0.44.100.ga60c0ce1 for a couple days and I've noticed a new problem. I get a consistent CPU usage of 25-40% at any time the client window is open on my desktop, even when not playing any music or loading any...

• I've been on Spotify for windows version 1.0.44.100.ga60c0ce1 for a couple days and I've noticed a new problem.  I get a consistent CPU usage of 25-40% at any time the client window is open on m...
  • Genrael
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes