Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Spotify best coders of the year!!! Help plx

Hello. Every time I start my spotify, it ask me "it's already on your computer would you like to do it anyway" or similar. EVERY TIME i start my PC. On top of that, most of the time it's full of bugs and mostly when I play music it shows the song i p...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. Every time I start my spotify, it ask me "it's already on your computer would you like to do it anyway" or similar. EVERY TIME i start my PC. On top of that, most of the time it's full of bugs...
  • warrybarry
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Storing downloads on a partitioned hard drive

We have a Dell computer that came with a partitioned hard drive - a smaller C: drive for core files and a larger drive we presume for dowloads and content etc. The problem we have always had is everything download wants to automatically go to C: driv...

• Casual Listener
  • We have a Dell computer that came with a partitioned hard drive - a smaller C: drive for core files and a larger 😧 drive we presume for dowloads and content etc.   The problem we have alway...
  • ecomama
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify wont update

Last few versions of Spotify fail to install the latest update. Once the update is downloaded I get the blue arrow in the top right-hand corner suggesting that I restart Spotify to install the update but when it reloads it has not installed. The only...

• Regular
  • Last few versions of Spotify fail to install the latest update.   Once the update is downloaded I get the blue arrow in the top right-hand corner suggesting that I restart Spotify to inst...
  • AgileTech
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle mode stuck on certain range of letters

I have been shuffling on my "Songs" section which currently contains around 1,200 songs. sometimes when listening to them on shuffle it gets stuck only playing songs starting in a range of letters.First it was songs starting with A - D but after remo...

• Not applicable
  • I have been shuffling on my "Songs" section which currently contains around 1,200 songs. sometimes when listening to them on shuffle it gets stuck only playing songs starting in a range of letters. ...
  • Wombcombo7
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes

Song Not Playing

Hi, a song that is available on Spotify which I used to be able to play does not play anymore. Whenever I select it, it states, "This song is not available." but I know it's available since I can play it on the web player. This is really frustrating;...

• Hi, a song that is available on Spotify which I used to be able to play does not play anymore. Whenever I select it, it states, "This song is not available." but I know it's available since I can pla...
  • TwentyFive
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded playlists

I click on a play list to download it then where dose it go? like can i save it to my desktop?

• Regular
  • I click on a play list to download it then where dose it go? like can i save it to my desktop?
  • jetx27
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot remove Facebook info from account

I was attempting to share a link to a song on the Spotify Windows desktop client, but I've run into a very irritating issue. I didn't use a Facebook account when signing up for Spotify, just an email address. In the share dialog, I entered my Faceboo...

• Regular
  • I was attempting to share a link to a song on the Spotify Windows desktop client, but I've run into a very irritating issue.   I didn't use a Facebook account when signing up for Spotify, just...
  • TobiasYoung
  • Composer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Device not showing on laptop

I have spotify Premium.Playing from my Android phone, I can select all my devices, and all my Chromecasts.Playing from my PC running the Spotify app, and win 10, none of my Chromecasts show. I have a chromecast in every room, and its a little anoying...

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify Premium. Playing from my Android phone, I can select all my devices, and all my Chromecasts. Playing from my PC running the Spotify app, and win 10, none of my Chromecasts show. I ha...
  • Dian
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

This song is not available

So first of all, I did search and found topics about this, but none of them seemed to be exactly the situation that I have here. I got Spotify today, and started playing around with it. When I got the Desktop app, I saw it was recognizing the music I...

• Casual Listener
  • So first of all, I did search and found topics about this, but none of them seemed to be exactly the situation that I have here.   I got Spotify today, and started playing around with it. When...
  • aleafonthewind
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

High Quality 0r highest Quality

In my Spotify Premium desktop configuration I just can find " High Quality" q5But I want "Highest Quality" High Bitrate q9.How can I activate it? saludos

• Casual Listener
  • In my Spotify Premium desktop configuration I just can find " High Quality" q5 But I want "Highest Quality" High Bitrate q9. How can I activate it?   saludos  
  • ErikG
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New computer, local files

When I get a new computer, what would be the best way to go about local files? The place these are stored might be different after transferring them to a new computer, making it hard for spotify to locate them. And I am surely not adding each of my 2...

• Gig Goer
  • When I get a new computer, what would be the best way to go about local files? The place these are stored might be different after transferring them to a new computer, making it hard for spotify to l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

DSBridge not working

Dsbridge not working after last update of desktop application on 1.0.49.125. Win 10, 32 bit. Correct it, please. I did downgrade of application.

• Not applicable
  • Dsbridge not working after last update of desktop application on 1.0.49.125. Win 10, 32 bit. Correct it, please. I did downgrade of application.
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify pausing on notification

Hi GuysOver the last couple of weeks a really annoying occurrence has started. Spotify keeps pausing mid song. It seem to be when the blue notification bar appears at the bottom of the screen advising me of the other devices available for Spotify.Is ...

• Regular
  • Hi Guys Over the last couple of weeks a really annoying occurrence has started. Spotify keeps pausing mid song. It seem to be when the blue notification bar appears at the bottom of the screen advis...
  • bartcop
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sort playlists by most followed

Hi,I have a question that I can't seem to find a definitive answer to (not by Googling and searching this community). I'm a new Spotify Premium member (and I have never used Spotify as a non Premium member so basically I'm a newbie all around). I'm j...

• Hi, I have a question that I can't seem to find a definitive answer to (not by Googling and searching this community). I'm a new Spotify Premium member (and I have never used Spotify as a non Premiu...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

No se pueden eliminar canciones de otras fuentes

Hola, tengo un problema relacionado a las canciones que sincronicé de archivos de iTunes. Quiero eliminar todo las canciones (Descargadas de Spotify y de archivos locales), para fines de organizar desde cero mi cuenta. Actualmente ya descativé todas ...

• Hola, tengo un problema relacionado a las canciones que sincronicé de archivos de iTunes. Quiero eliminar todo las canciones (Descargadas de Spotify y de archivos locales), para fines de organizar de...
  • paulandres1995
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can the background swishing noises be reduced? - very annoying!

Continual swishing noises - probably water marking copy protection?Can these be reduced? - they are quite intrusive on some music.

• Music Fan
  • Continual swishing noises - probably water marking copy protection? Can these be reduced? - they are quite intrusive on some music.
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Partial Saved Albums

Recently I noticed that every one of my saved albums only seem to have one or two tracks listed (as if I've only saved those tracks, which is not the case), despite the fact that the whole albums are available to play. I'm not sure what logic it is u...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently I noticed that every one of my saved albums only seem to have one or two tracks listed (as if I've only saved those tracks, which is not the case), despite the fact that the whole albums are...
  • Julian
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify is no more updating automatically

Hi,Since the last major update of Spotify (with the Windows 10 complete compatibility) the software won't update by itself. I have the update notification but when I restart Spotify it will be not updated. I'm forced to reinstall Spotify everytime to...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Since the last major update of Spotify (with the Windows 10 complete compatibility) the software won't update by itself. I have the update notification but when I restart Spotify it will be not ...
  • NatouBnm
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Controlling volume on Chromecast from desktop application

Hi, I'm wondering if it's possible to control the music volume my desktop when the music is streamed from my android phone to my Chromecast. When I open the desktop app, it sees which song is playing and I can pause, resume and even switch to other s...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I'm wondering if it's possible to control the music volume my desktop when the music is streamed from my android phone to my Chromecast. When I open the desktop app, it sees wh...
  • osmoon
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify lagging and making games lag, only when playing games!

My old crappy computer used to play spotify fine when playing full-screen online games. Upgraded my rig last week and now a few days ago I noticed it starts stuttering when I start playing a game and now it not only stutters but also makes the game l...

• My old crappy computer used to play spotify fine when playing full-screen online games. Upgraded my rig last week and now a few days ago I noticed it starts stuttering when I start playing a game and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes