Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Cannot play songs from album

I can play playlists and individual songs fine. When I try to play an album or any songs within it the thumbnail does not show in the bottom left corner and the track remains at 0:00. If I play the album/song on my phone it immediately starts on the ...

• I can play playlists and individual songs fine. When I try to play an album or any songs within it the thumbnail does not show in the bottom left corner and the track remains at 0:00. If I play ...
  • S_Boy
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify just played 6 commercials in a row? Is this a glitch?

Spotify usually plays 1-3 commercials at a time which is fine with me. But earlier my Spotify played 6 commercials in a row. 6! Please tell me this was just a glitch and not some new thing you are starting. This is the first time this has happened. A...

• Roadie
  • Spotify usually plays 1-3 commercials at a time which is fine with me. But earlier my Spotify played 6 commercials in a row. 6! Please tell me this was just a glitch and not some new thing you are st...
  • Paryahs_plight
  • 30 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 30 replies
  • 5 likes

Sorting by album issue

Hello, Whenever a playlist is sorted by album, it intermingles two or more albums of the same name but different artists. This is a recent issue and was not always the case. I think if you sorted a playlist by album the order would be: Original: Albu...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   Whenever a playlist is sorted by album, it intermingles two or more albums of the same name but different artists. This is a recent issue and was not always the case. I think if you s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost my facebook account playlist post merging

Hi,I had two spotify accounts: one with facebook and one with my mail-id. I had all my playlists saved in my facebook account. I logged in spotify app through my mail id and connected to facebook in setting. And now I lost my playlists. I disconnecte...

• Hi, I had two spotify accounts: one with facebook and one with my mail-id. I had all my playlists saved in my facebook account. I logged in spotify app through my mail id and connected to facebook i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

What does it mean to 'follow' an artist? 2017

Question revisited for 2017 to get current status: What exactly does it mean to 'follow' an artist? I understand that if I go to My Music > Artists they will show up in a list there. Will I get updates somewhere for artists that I follow?

• Music Fan
  • Question revisited for 2017 to get current status:   What exactly does it mean to 'follow' an artist?  I understand that if I go to My Music > Artists they will show up in a list there...
  • NevecEx
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatic Song Likes Based on Volume

Feature RequestWhen I'm listening to Spotify, I'm usually coding. I hear a song that I like and I crank the volume and jam out. I almost never stop my coding to switch screens to like the screen. This unfortunately means that my ML model doesn't get ...

• Feature Request When I'm listening to Spotify, I'm usually coding. I hear a song that I like and I crank the volume and jam out. I almost never stop my coding to switch screens to like the scre...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't click on Login buttons once reinstalled

Hello community! I was having trouble opening my messages, and I saw in a post about that to reinstall Spotify. Now that I've reinstalled it, though, I can't click on anything. The clicks aren't registering when I click "log in with facebook." I can ...

• Hello community!    I was having trouble opening my messages, and I saw in a post about that to reinstall Spotify. Now that I've reinstalled it, though, I can't click on anything.  ...
  • smilingtim
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't add songs to playlists!

I have just about 1.000 songs in total in "Songs", however, I can't drag anything else to any of my playlists... And it's been a couple of months like this... What to do? Thanks!!!

• Casual Listener
  • I have just about 1.000 songs in total in "Songs", however, I can't drag anything else to any of my playlists... And it's been a couple of months like this... What to do? Thanks!!!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Troubles in uploading local files from computer to cell-phone

Hi everybody ! I've looked around on internet and on this forum but so far I haven't found anything that helps me, so I'm posting here. I try to upload my local files from my computer to my cell-phone. The problem is that once on my phone I can actua...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everybody !   I've looked around on internet and on this forum but so far I haven't found anything that helps me, so I'm posting here.   I try to upload my local files from my comput...
  • Karioka17
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify prevent use of mouse in VMware 14.0

Hi,I noticed that when i open the Spotify app on Windows 10, it "shortcuts" the mouse and it become impossible to click in virtual machines.The only way to prevent this problem is to close Spotify.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I noticed that when i open the Spotify app on Windows 10, it "shortcuts" the mouse and it become impossible to click in virtual machines. The only way to prevent this problem is to close Spotif...
  • LePygargue
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm premium user - can't play music from OneDrive

Hi,I can't see or play music from d:\onedrive\music\ If I copy a file to c: I can see and play it. Please help me...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I can't see or play music from d:\onedrive\music\   If I copy a file to c: I can see and play it.   Please help me...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

"local file" symbol

I have a premium account on windows 10. I created a playlist and via ... "Edit > Preferences > Local Files > Add A Source" added several hundred mp3 music files from the drive on the same computer.Displaying the playlist in spotify shows some files h...

• I have a premium account on windows 10.  I created a playlist and via ... "Edit > Preferences > Local Files > Add A Source" added several hundred mp3 music files from the 😧 drive...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files played instead of Spotify Catalogue

Hello, I been having a problem the last few days: the thing is I have a live version of Ariana Grande "Dangerous Woman" in my local files but everytime I try and play the studio version, every song that´s in my local files folder get played instead. ...

• Hello, I been having a problem the last few days: the thing is I have a live version of Ariana Grande "Dangerous Woman" in my local files but everytime I try and play the studio version, every song t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Download option not appearing on Spotify for Windows 10

Hello, Recently I subscribed to Spotify Premium and I downloaded the app for Windows 10.Everything was running fine excepting that the Download option is not appearing for any album, song nor playlist and I would like to have that option because I pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   Recently I subscribed to Spotify Premium and I downloaded the app for Windows 10. Everything was running fine excepting that the Download option is not appearing for any album, song ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant play a new album

Right now the artist Aether released a new EP (about two hours ago) but I cant play it.Help please.Btw im from Colombia just so you know if its something with the location.https://open.spotify.com/album/3TJsPqAC5UnImF0o568jQA

• Casual Listener
  • Right now the artist Aether released a new EP (about two hours ago) but I cant play it. Help please. Btw im from Colombia just so you know if its something with the location. https://open.spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Clicking a track does not load the track into the play bar

This is not an audio issue. I can use Spotify Web Player connected to my Spotify Desktop and it plays just fine. The problem is that when I click the play button on a track, it does not load it into the "play bar" (or whatever that bottom part of the...

• Casual Listener
  • This is not an audio issue. I can use Spotify Web Player connected to my Spotify Desktop and it plays just fine. The problem is that when I click the play button on a track, it does not load it into ...
  • thecnoNSMB
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution error code 18 - can't reinstall Spotify!

I'm running Windows XP and I've recently uninstalled Spotify to get a clean install... Grabbed the latest downloader and tried to install and am getting an Error 18: "The installer is unable to install Spotify because the files to write are in use by...

• Music Fan
  • I'm running Windows XP and I've recently uninstalled Spotify to get a clean install...  Grabbed the latest downloader and tried to install and am getting an Error 18:   "The installer is ...
  • B_IzDemahn
  • 111 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 111 replies
  • 12 likes

All my songs, playlists and friends have gone after I updated Spotify

So after I updated Spotify I loaded it up and everything (my songs, playlists and friends) had gone. I don't understand what happened someone help.

• So after I updated Spotify I loaded it up and everything (my songs, playlists and friends) had gone. I don't understand what happened someone help.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle doesn't shuffle

When I use shuffle on any playlist, Spotify will always end up playing the same 40 songs over and over, regardless of which song I play first. How hard can it be to probably shuffle a playlist? It has been terrible for years.

• When I use shuffle on any playlist, Spotify will always end up playing the same 40 songs over and over, regardless of which song I play first. How hard can it be to probably shuffle a playlist? It ha...
  • kartselyanski96
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

I can't delete a playlist.

I wanted to add some music to a playlist and chose "New Playlist". The playlist was added. However, when I clicked on "Details", nothing comes up allowing me to do so. Plus, no new music shows up in the right window. On top of that, when I go to the ...

• Regular
  • I wanted to add some music to a playlist and chose "New Playlist". The playlist was added. However, when I clicked on "Details", nothing comes up allowing me to do so. Plus, no new music shows up in ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes