Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Their_UI_sux_blows
  • 239 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 239 replies
  • 20 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Replace missing streamable songs with locals

Hi,I used to listen to some songs that once were on Spotify (for example the French band Tetes Raides or Peter Gabriel) and that are now missing (because of label choices, I assume). I would like to replace these missing songs with local files on my ...

• Hi, I used to listen to some songs that once were on Spotify (for example the French band Tetes Raides or Peter Gabriel) and that are now missing (because of label choices, I assume). I would like t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Will I know if my follower is playing the song i am currently listening to?

I notice our friend could see our activity through the desktop version of Spotify. However, will I be notified if they click play on my current playing song?

• I notice our friend could see our activity through the desktop version of Spotify. However, will I be notified if they click play on my current playing song?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover tab nerfed

Discover-tab (a great feature, might I add) suddenly got cut down - it now only contains New Releases (no problem there) and a selection of localized pop music playlists that I never listen. "Top recommended albums" and "Albums like X artists" have a...

• Casual Listener
  • Discover-tab (a great feature, might I add) suddenly got cut down - it now only contains New Releases (no problem there) and a selection of localized pop music playlists that I never listen. "Top rec...
  • avomurtuma
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

ID tags missing on some songs

hey hows it going? I have some springsteen tracks i bought from a show i went to this year. I have FINALLY found all the shows by searching 2017 in local files, but SOME of the track listings are wrong. spotify has taken it upon it's self to find me ...

• Regular
  • hey hows it going? I have some springsteen tracks i bought from a show i went to this year. I have FINALLY found all the shows by searching 2017 in local files, but SOME of the track listings are wro...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

duplicates in playlist

Hi, So I have this one playlist of >1600 songs. It's like my music library and I consider these to be the my favorite of all time. But sometimes im not quite sure which songs are included in the list when I stumble upon a lost classic.Up untill about...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   So I have this one playlist of >1600 songs. It's like my music library and I consider these to be the my favorite of all time. But sometimes im not quite sure which songs are included...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

shuffle turns itself off after skipping a song

since a few weeks my spotify desktop client turn the shuffle function off after skipping a song manually. I tried a few things myself first:completely remove spotify dekstop client (also remaining appdata files and such)skip the song through another ...

• Casual Listener
  • since a few weeks my spotify desktop client turn the shuffle function off after skipping a song manually. I tried a few things myself first: completely remove spotify dekstop client (also remaining...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Install

I use Spotify on my phone and absolutely adore it, but whenever I try to put it on my computer I get the same error message again and again. Talking about a Bad Image and that the file is not designed to run on windows. Then it tells me to get in con...

• I use Spotify on my phone and absolutely adore it, but whenever I try to put it on my computer I get the same error message again and again. Talking about a Bad Image and that the file is not designe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting rid of "See what your friends are playing"

I'm just a bit flustered because I only have a few friends (without facebook) on Spotify and I can't see what they're listening to due to this "See what your friends are playing" ad that's right on top of the activity feed. I don't want to hide the w...

• I'm just a bit flustered because I only have a few friends (without facebook) on Spotify and I can't see what they're listening to due to this "See what your friends are playing" ad that's right on t...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify opens but won't load on destop

I had the desktop player downloaded and when I opened it, the window popped up and nothing would load and it also started making a dinging noise. I have tried closing the app, restarting my computer and even deleted the program off my machine and red...

• I had the desktop player downloaded and when I opened it, the window popped up and nothing would load and it also started making a dinging noise. I have tried closing the app, restarting my computer ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Offline access withdrawn.

Trying to get local files fro my desktop to play from my phone but "offline access has been withdrawn" for my account. Help.

• Trying to get local files fro my desktop to play from my phone but "offline access has been withdrawn" for my account. Help.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not able to run Spotify if Radvision/Avaya Scopia Desktop is installed (WPVideoHook.dll)

If Avaya Scopia Desktop videoconferencing is installed, Spotify repeatedly gives error dialog with this text. Why is Spotify trying to load this third party dll? ---------------------------Spotify: Spotify.exe - Bad Image---------------------------C:...

• Regular
  • If Avaya Scopia Desktop videoconferencing is installed, Spotify repeatedly gives error dialog with this text.    Why is Spotify trying to load this third party dll?   -------------...
  • TaroSK
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Proxy settings for login

Hello, I've downloaded spotify on my windows computer at work. But we have a proxy here and spotify refuses to connect. How can I change those **bleep** settings? The login screen gives me no settings, just mail + password for login. Can anybody help...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I've downloaded spotify on my windows computer at work. But we have a proxy here and spotify refuses to connect.   How can I change those **bleep** settings? The login screen g...
  • TaroSK
  • Regular
  • 26 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 7 likes

Can't open spotify with facebook login behind a proxy

Hi, I have a problem login in to spotify app (on windows 7) on my work network (obviously i can't control de proxy settings). The same computer on my home network (no proxy) can login perfectly using the facebook authentication. i have my suspicions ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,  I have a problem login in to spotify app (on windows 7) on my work network (obviously i can't control de proxy settings). The same computer on my home network (no proxy) can login perfe...
  • TaroSK
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Nothing playing...at all.

I try to play Spotify songs...nothing (it shows the song as playing, pause button is visible and not play button, but there is nothing happening). My audio is all on. This is occuring with both local files and Spotify songs.

• Casual Listener
  • I try to play Spotify songs...nothing (it shows the song as playing, pause button is visible and not play button, but there is nothing happening).  My audio is all on.  This is occuring wit...
  • uobgujbj
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't work

Hello,When I open spotify it stays black. I do see some buttons in the top left corner, but thats it. I have tried to reinstall it. It does not help. How can i fix this?

•  Hello, When I open spotify it stays black. I do see some buttons in the top left corner, but thats it. I have tried to reinstall it. It does not help. How can i fix this?
  • iamandyhill
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't play music

Hello, I use Spotify on android and windows. On my android device, the application works perfectly fine, but I started my desktop today and wanted to listen to music on here and when I go to any playlist at all, it starts cycling through the tracks i...

• Hello,   I use Spotify on android and windows. On my android device, the application works perfectly fine, but I started my desktop today and wanted to listen to music on here and when I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can not move playlist after trying to move a folder

Hello!I experience the issue that I am not able to move any playlist or folder after trying to move a folder as you may see in the following video.I have already tried to logout, reinstall and to restart my computer and would be happy if someone coul...

• Hello! I experience the issue that I am not able to move any playlist or folder after trying to move a folder as you may see in the following video. I have already tried to logout, reinstall a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Casting Spotify from Windows PC - madness!

I've been trying to work out why the Spotify Windows app cannot see my Chromecast Audio, but CAN see my Android tablet and phone. Eventually I found a mention in one of the Helpfiles that says:"It’s currently not possible to discover a Chromecast dev...

• Music Fan
  • I've been trying to work out why the Spotify Windows app cannot see my Chromecast Audio, but CAN see my Android tablet and phone.   Eventually I found a mention in one of the Helpfiles that sa...
  • Andy_P
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Missing Playlist URI

I need Playlist URIs to be brought back, you brought it back for about a day and then removed it again in the latest updates. As noted here. I commented here that you removed it in the latest version. but received no acknowledgement. Please push an u...

• Visitor
  • I need Playlist URIs to be brought back, you brought it back for about a day and then removed it again in the latest updates.  As noted here. I commented here that you removed it in the lat...
  • TheMelanieGrace
  • Music Fan
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Ad wont go away

The big ad that comes up covering the ap, why wont it go away? even when i minimize the ap, it stays on the screen, and i cant see my songlist because the ad is there with no way of closing it.

• The big ad that comes up covering the ap, why wont it go away? even when i minimize the ap, it stays on the screen, and i cant see my songlist because the ad is there with no way of closing it.
  • GabiM
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes