Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Streaming music through other devices

Streaming music through other devices

Hi everyone, im new to the community and i just subscribed to premium for students today!

I have a question though, and i cant seem to find the solution, neither on google nor this forum.

So, here's my issue.

When i play games on my laptop, i use a VPN with limited data. But when i stream(on twitch, etc) i want to play music but dont want to use up data. 

So my question is, is it possible to link my phone(Galazy S7 edge) to my laptop through bluetooth, and use the WiFi connection on the phone to stream music, but play the music on the laptop?

TLDR;EDIT: in other words i want to use the RADIO function but without using data on this device but using data from another device :x

1 Reply

Hey and welcome to the community.

What you are asking for, sounds like something you do not want to do though Spotify,

maybe nice as a suggestion, but I don't think there is a lot of use for it, other than the edge case of what you descibed.

However, what you could do is link your phone via an jack/jack or jack/usb cable as a sound input on your pc.

You can then configure your PC Sound mixer for the right volume and even tell OBS (or what ever stream software you use) to mix it differently.

EDIT:
You could also use spotify on your PC with a local proxy that uses your normal internet connection rather than the VPN. Althought the rest of the solution is somthing that doesn't belong on these forums, but you could try it on SO or similiar.

I hope it helps but it is the only cheap and relatively simple work around I can think of.

--
Kind Regards
Ruben
https://open.spotify.com/user/1123476103?si=FmbTGz7uS-eajZ4u0PRxcA

Suggested posts