Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Can't open spotify with facebook login behind a proxy

Hi, I have a problem login in to spotify app (on windows 7) on my work network (obviously i can't control de proxy settings). The same computer on my home network (no proxy) can login perfectly using the facebook authentication. i have my suspicions ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,  I have a problem login in to spotify app (on windows 7) on my work network (obviously i can't control de proxy settings). The same computer on my home network (no proxy) can login perfe...
  • TaroSK
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Nothing playing...at all.

I try to play Spotify songs...nothing (it shows the song as playing, pause button is visible and not play button, but there is nothing happening). My audio is all on. This is occuring with both local files and Spotify songs.

• Casual Listener
  • I try to play Spotify songs...nothing (it shows the song as playing, pause button is visible and not play button, but there is nothing happening).  My audio is all on.  This is occuring wit...
  • uobgujbj
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't work

Hello,When I open spotify it stays black. I do see some buttons in the top left corner, but thats it. I have tried to reinstall it. It does not help. How can i fix this?

•  Hello, When I open spotify it stays black. I do see some buttons in the top left corner, but thats it. I have tried to reinstall it. It does not help. How can i fix this?
  • iamandyhill
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't play music

Hello, I use Spotify on android and windows. On my android device, the application works perfectly fine, but I started my desktop today and wanted to listen to music on here and when I go to any playlist at all, it starts cycling through the tracks i...

• Hello,   I use Spotify on android and windows. On my android device, the application works perfectly fine, but I started my desktop today and wanted to listen to music on here and when I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can not move playlist after trying to move a folder

Hello!I experience the issue that I am not able to move any playlist or folder after trying to move a folder as you may see in the following video.I have already tried to logout, reinstall and to restart my computer and would be happy if someone coul...

• Hello! I experience the issue that I am not able to move any playlist or folder after trying to move a folder as you may see in the following video. I have already tried to logout, reinstall a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Casting Spotify from Windows PC - madness!

I've been trying to work out why the Spotify Windows app cannot see my Chromecast Audio, but CAN see my Android tablet and phone. Eventually I found a mention in one of the Helpfiles that says:"It’s currently not possible to discover a Chromecast dev...

• Music Fan
  • I've been trying to work out why the Spotify Windows app cannot see my Chromecast Audio, but CAN see my Android tablet and phone.   Eventually I found a mention in one of the Helpfiles that sa...
  • Andy_P
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Missing Playlist URI

I need Playlist URIs to be brought back, you brought it back for about a day and then removed it again in the latest updates. As noted here. I commented here that you removed it in the latest version. but received no acknowledgement. Please push an u...

• Visitor
  • I need Playlist URIs to be brought back, you brought it back for about a day and then removed it again in the latest updates.  As noted here. I commented here that you removed it in the lat...
  • TheMelanieGrace
  • Music Fan
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Ad wont go away

The big ad that comes up covering the ap, why wont it go away? even when i minimize the ap, it stays on the screen, and i cant see my songlist because the ad is there with no way of closing it.

• The big ad that comes up covering the ap, why wont it go away? even when i minimize the ap, it stays on the screen, and i cant see my songlist because the ad is there with no way of closing it.
  • GabiM
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Followers playlist

Why can't I see who follows my playlists? I make them to share, so it's nice to see who appreciates it. It was possible a while ago. Why did that change? I miss it.

• Why can't I see who follows my playlists? I make them to share, so it's nice to see who appreciates it. It was possible a while ago. Why did that change? I miss it.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Album overview changed and is now really annoying

It might be settings, but i could not fin out what..After an update my windows spotify application only lists all the artists albums in the overview section, it used to be in an own section to see all albums after you hit the see more albums button. ...

• It might be settings, but i could not fin out what.. After an update my windows spotify application only lists all the artists albums in the overview section, it used to be in an own section to see ...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find certain artists, can find them on web but can't play them

I'll give you an example. I searched for the band The Blank Theory on Spotify Desktop but nothing showed up. I messaged the band and they were confused as they said they are on Spotify. Indeed I searched on Google and found their artist page: https:/...

• Casual Listener
  • I'll give you an example. I searched for the band The Blank Theory on Spotify Desktop but nothing showed up. I messaged the band and they were confused as they said they are on Spotify. Indeed I sear...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps crashing my computer! :(

It runs ok but after a while it crashes my computer (windows 7 64bit). Need to restart the pc using the restart button...:(((( It worked ok until it automatically reinstalled a fews days ago.

• Casual Listener
  • It runs ok but after a while it crashes my computer (windows 7 64bit). Need to restart the pc using the restart button...:(((( It worked ok until it automatically reinstalled a fews days ago. &nb...
  • CopiedUserName
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify pauses randomly on all platforms

so my issues is my Spotify pauses randomly on platforms. my laptop, phone, ps4, pc, EVERYTHING! it can pause for a few seconds up to 10 minutes and I use Spotify daily for hours on end so you can see why this is irritating,I have logged out of all de...

• so my issues is my Spotify pauses randomly on platforms. my laptop, phone, ps4, pc, EVERYTHING! it can pause for a few seconds up to 10 minutes and I use Spotify daily for hours on end so you can see...
  • jtbard43
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem z spotify na komputerze z windowsem 10

WitamMam problem Pobrałem aplikacje spotify na komputer z windowsem 10 i nie moge jej właczyć. Zainstalowałem pokazało się okno zalogowałem sie i znikneło. I teraz jak odpalam aplikacje to pokazuje się okno i od razu znika. Przeinstalowałem ją jeszcz...

• Witam Mam problem Pobrałem aplikacje spotify na komputer z windowsem 10 i nie moge jej właczyć. Zainstalowałem pokazało się okno zalogowałem sie i znikneło. I teraz jak odpalam aplikacje to pokazuje...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Variety of Daily Mixes

Hello, few days ago "Your Daily Mix" appeared on my Desktop Windows Spotify, I love it but I have few questions...So there are 6 different Daily Mixes as I see, I can somewhat recognize them by genre - Rock/Decades, Pop/Rock, Hip-Hop, R&B/Pop, Lithua...

• Visitor
  • Hello, few days ago "Your Daily Mix" appeared on my Desktop Windows Spotify, I love it but I have few questions... So there are 6 different Daily Mixes as I see, I can somewhat recognize them by g...
  • 1bethfoster1
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Ports for desktop app

Hi, I'm using a restricted network in my flat wich is provided by the residence hall. I know there are already a few existing topics related to my request, but all of them are quite old, there is no official note about it, and I would like to be sure...

• Hi,   I'm using a restricted network in my flat wich is provided by the residence hall.   I know there are already a few existing topics related to my request, but all of them are quite...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! How to get total play count of a track given their ID

Hi, How do I get total play count for this song? https://api.spotify.com/v1/tracks/2Ub01ptSMqI6iBvq1E2Pji I want to know how many times this track has been played (global play count by all spotify users) to date since the beginning of time. Which Spo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   How do I get total play count for this song?   https://api.spotify.com/v1/tracks/2Ub01ptSMqI6iBvq1E2Pji   I want to know how many times this track has been played (glo...
  • Galarneau
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Spotify won´t connect to last.fm

Spotify scrobbled all my plays to last.fm in my desktop app until couple days ago. I noticed that the connection had gone off and I tried to reconnect them, but spotify said that "invalid username or password" even though they work for me in last.fm ...

• Spotify scrobbled all my plays to last.fm in my desktop app until couple days ago. I noticed that the connection had gone off and I tried to reconnect them, but spotify said that "invalid username or...
  • Mitrofanich
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Error "no disk"

Hello!Since this morning it's impossible to use normally my Spotify on my computer (windows 10). When I open it, a little box opens and says "spotify.exe: there's no disk in the drive"Impossible to close this box, I've try to click on "cancel", "cont...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! Since this morning it's impossible to use normally my Spotify on my computer (windows 10). When I open it, a little box opens and says "spotify.exe: there's no disk in the drive" Impossible ...
  • dollylo1606
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Uninstall doesnt work - Local data bank error

Hi,I do have issues with the local data on my pc in combination with Spotify. The local data bank doesn't change anymore, even if I add new paths to import into Spotify. For that I wanted to reinstall Spotify, but I'm not even able to uninstall this....

• Hi, I do have issues with the local data on my pc in combination with Spotify. The local data bank doesn't change anymore, even if I add new paths to import into Spotify.  For that I wanted to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes