Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • D1Ck3n
  • 69 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 69 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • shark1975
  • Casual Listener
  • 252 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 252 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Can't play certain music by certain artists, can't play current song error

I have a problem with the desktop app from spotify, it doesn't play a few artist when I click to play the songs. I have the issue with the albums of Daft Punk and Kendrick Lamar and it is really annoying. I can play other artist's music but not those...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a problem with the desktop app from spotify, it doesn't play a few artist when I click to play the songs. I have the issue with the albums of Daft Punk and Kendrick Lamar and it is really anno...
  • gfernandez2123
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

"Can't play the current track" error when disconnecting headphones

Spotify Premium 1.0.41.375.g040056caWindows 10 x64 with all available updatesThe newest version of all drivers are installed 1. Start Spotify.2. Play music on the speakers.3. Connecting headphones.4. Sound moving to headphones.5. Disconnecting headph...

• Music Fan
  • Spotify Premium 1.0.41.375.g040056ca Windows 10 x64 with all available updates The newest version of all drivers are installed   1. Start Spotify. 2. Play music on the speakers. 3. Co...
  • Tatranskymedved
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Drag to playlist - now playing song

Hello after new update I am not able to drag & drop playing song, I can drag other songs tho.

e5zoYMotQ6maFxmWaD8CsQ[1].png
  • Regular
  • Hello after new update I am not able to drag & drop playing song, I can drag other songs tho. 
  • AlesRFK
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Album songs order incorrect in win app

Hello,The songs order for 21 Savage's album Issa Album appear to be incorrect in the app (see screenshot below). I wouldn't have noticed it if it weren't for checking the lyrics on genius.com. So I searched for a 3rd source, found several links that ...

• Hello, The songs order for 21 Savage's album Issa Album appear to be incorrect in the app (see screenshot below). I wouldn't have noticed it if it weren't for checking the lyrics on genius.com. &...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Remove PlayList

I have a playlist that I cannot seem to remove. I've tried several computers (windows, mac and linux), web browser, and mobile device. Has anyone experienced this issue? If so how did you get rid of it?

• I have a playlist that I cannot seem to remove. I've tried several computers (windows, mac and linux), web browser, and mobile device. Has anyone experienced this issue? If so how did you get rid of ...
  • jarredmorley
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Force Link to open PC App

I have a database I use to track songs we perform. I put links directly to the songs in the database in case I need a reminder of how they go. I recently signed up for Spotify Premium so I want to replace the Youtube link with something that opens th...

• Regular
  • I have a database I use to track songs we perform.  I put links directly to the songs in the database in case I need a reminder of how they go.  I recently signed up for Spotify Premium so ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ads banner to the Browse section take 20% of my CPU power

Hello,I noticed that the new banner ads in the browse section take 20% of my CPU ressources:Spotify usually take less than 1% of my CPU capacity when playing a song, but I noticed that with this ads (the one with the background which change of color ...

• Hello, I noticed that the new banner ads in the browse section take 20% of my CPU ressources: Spotify usually take less than 1% of my CPU capacity when playing a song, but I noticed that with this ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Song Not Available Windows App/ Android

When attempting to play a few different songs by different artists I am getting the message "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." It won't play at all through my android app.However if I go to Spotify ...

• Visitor
  • When attempting to play a few different songs by different artists I am getting the message "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." It won't play at all...
  • JiMy360
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't play "local files" songs!

Hi there! When I want to play files from "local files", some of them won't play. I don't really understand why ?They've been imported from itunes. The bottom bar doesn't show anything and the "point" has disappeared! If any of you got an idea? Cheers...

• Visitor
  • Hi there!   When I want to play files from "local files", some of them won't play. I don't really understand why ? They've been imported from itunes. The bottom bar doesn't show anything and ...
  • Gabriel_Reis
  • 86 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 86 replies
  • 2 likes

some artists are not playing on my devices

hello,i have been listening wiz khalifa for a long time, but for a few days i cant listen him. when i click to any song he has, i get an error says that '' this song is not available''. i asked my homemate to try to listen wiz khalifa and he did not ...

• hello, i have been listening wiz khalifa for a long time, but for a few days i cant listen him. when i click to any song he has, i get an error says that '' this song is not available''. i asked my&...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't hear a specific artist

Hey, I can't hear most songs from Eminem, Spotify says that "This song is not available, If you have the file on your computer you can import it." it is only on my pc I can't hear him, I have tried to uninstall the program, I can hear the same playli...

• Hey, I can't hear most songs from Eminem, Spotify says that "This song is not available, If you have the file on your computer you can import it." it is only on my pc I can't hear him, I have tr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop Player Chromebook

My desktop player looks different from other ones I've seen. Other people have told me that they can see activity from other users they're following, such as the last song they listened to. I want to do this but I can't figure out how, or maybe that ...

• My desktop player looks different from other ones I've seen. Other people have told me that they can see activity from other users they're following, such as the last song they listened to. I want to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop Sync of now listening song?!

Hi,Situation:I have a smartphone on which I'm listening to spotify when I'm on the road. At home, I'm listening with my Windows desktop app. At work also with a windows desktop app. Same premium account everywhere... Problem:While working, I listen t...

• Visitor
  • Hi, Situation: I have a smartphone on which I'm listening to spotify when I'm on the road. At home, I'm listening with my Windows desktop app. At work also with a windows desktop app. Same premium ...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bad Suns album Language & Perspective not working ONLY in desktop client

The album Language & Perspective by Bad Suns located at spotify:album:54bO9jrn1NExmpg6Afsc2A does not work for me on the native Windows client. I'm told "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." whenever I...

• The album Language & Perspective by Bad Suns located at spotify:album:54bO9jrn1NExmpg6Afsc2A does not work for me on the native Windows client. I'm told "This song is not available. If you h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Help! - Some songs won't play.

Hi, I'm getting really frustrated here. For over a week now some songs won't start playing when I click them or when it gets to their turn to be played. Examples: Heinrich Dressel - The black radiant sky Lost years - Breeze Everything's looks as it s...

• Hi, I'm getting really frustrated here. For over a week now some songs won't start playing when I click them or when it gets to their turn to be played.   Examples: Heinrich Dressel - Th...
  • Cormpus
  • 67 replies
  • 18 likes
  • Windows
  • 67 replies
  • 18 likes

Can´t listen to some albuns

Hi guys! I'm having some problems. I cannot listen to some albuns. When I chosse a song it appears a message saying 'This song is not available. It you have the file on your computer you can import it'. This message appears while trying to play albun...

• Hi guys!   I'm having some problems. I cannot listen to some albuns. When I chosse a song it appears a message saying 'This song is not available. It you have the file on your computer you can...
  • brunotaurinho
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Changing playlist photo doesnt work?

Hi guys, Im currently trying to change or add a picture to a playlist I have on my online account but it wont let me do it? I did this previously like 2 months ago but now its not giving me the option when I right click All I get is "Start Radio" "Co...

• Hi guys, Im currently trying to change or add a picture to a playlist I have on my online account but it wont let me do it?   I did this previously like 2 months ago but now its not giving me ...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting (un-following) Playlist not possible

There is a playlist I used to follow but It cant`be loaded on my android phone. Same thing on Dekstop Version (Windows): The Name of the playlist appears but I can not open or stop following the playlist. (I can right-click but nothing happens) When ...

• Regular
  • There is a playlist I used to follow but It cant`be loaded on my android phone. Same thing on Dekstop Version (Windows): The Name of the playlist appears but I can not open or stop following the play...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bug when adding songs to a playlist in a folder

The Issue: I can explain it better in a gif like this. Description: It looks like the scrollbar does not maintain the hover event which expands the panel, so the other panel goes away when you mouse over the scrollbar. This happens when you want to a...

• Casual Listener
  • The Issue: I can explain it better in a gif like this.    Description:  It looks like the scrollbar does not maintain the hover event which expands the panel, so the other ...
  • marcodaz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Really high cpu usage

My Spotify has been using up my CPU resources very much today for some reason that I don't know.

• My Spotify has been using up my CPU resources very much today for some reason that I don't know.
  • ivojesus
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes