Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes

Superuser Contribution Car playlist bug

PlanPremiumCountryUkraine DeviceIphone 11Operating SystemIOS11VehicleBMW 3 Series 2014 NBT systemMy Question or IssueHey guys. I updated the application. Before the update on my car was only forward and backward arrows, now I see the list of the all ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Ukraine   Device Iphone 11 Operating System IOS11 Vehicle BMW 3 Series 2014 NBT system My Question or Issue Hey guys. I updated the application. Before the u...
  • Vitalii2424
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Car
    Play
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution automatically make new playlists private

hey is there a way to make new playlists automatically private? i already used the desktop app to make sure the "make new playlists public" setting under social is turned off and still every time i make a playlist its public. its just annoying having...

• Gig Goer
  • hey is there a way to make new playlists automatically private? i already used the desktop app to make sure the "make new playlists public" setting under social is turned off and still every time i m...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop (Mac)
    iOS
    Playlists
    Premium
    Privacy
    Private playlist
    settings
    Social
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify offline without WLAN

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone 12 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 15.4 My Question or Issue"Spotify is offline" is desplayed every time I turn off my WLAN. My mobile data is turned on and works well in browser. Installing Spotify new doesn't help.

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 12 Pro Max Operating System iOS 15.4   My Question or Issue "Spotify is offline" is desplayed every time I turn off my WLAN. My mobile data i...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify freezing regularly when on Bluetooth headphones

I have Spotify premium and I’m in the UK and am using an iPhone XS It seems that every time I am using my Bluetooth headphones to listen to Spotify while I am moving, such as out walking or riding my bike, it freezes regularly where I have to press t...

• I have Spotify premium and I’m in the UK and am using an iPhone XS   It seems that every time I am using my Bluetooth headphones to listen to Spotify while I am moving, such as out walking or ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song Sorting / Order Management

It would be a great addition to have the ability to change the order of the songs in a created playlist in a drag-and-drop sort of manner. The only current way to reorder songs in a playlist is to delete the ones that stand in between the ones you wa...

• Casual Listener
  • It would be a great addition to have the ability to change the order of the songs in a created playlist in a drag-and-drop sort of manner. The only current way to reorder songs in a playlist is to de...
  • Pacocha8
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
    Playlists
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify lyrics not popping up

PlanPremium CountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 8 se (2nd generation)Operating SystemiOS 15.4.1My Question or IssueSpotify lyrics still not showing. The lyrics show on my laptop but not my phone, what should i do?

• Plan Premium  Country United States Device iPhone 8 se (2nd generation) Operating System iOS 15.4.1 My Question or Issue Spotify lyrics still not showing. The lyrics show on my laptop b...
  • jrham
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I change the volume for Spotify only

PlanFreeCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 15 My Question or IssueHow do I change the volume for Spotify only? On PC I can easily do it by using the slider on the bottom right but I can't find that slider on mobile, nor any other meth...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Australia Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 15   My Question or Issue How do I change the volume for Spotify only? On PC I can easily do it by using the slider on...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded songs suddenly stop playing on iPhone only.

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 12 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 15.3.1My Question or IssueMy downloaded songs will play for maybe 5-10 seconds on my phone then the sound will suddenly cut out. (the music shows that it is still playing but I hear nothi...

•   Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 12 Pro Max Operating System iOS 15.3.1 My Question or Issue My downloaded songs will play for maybe 5-10 seconds on my phone then the sound will...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect stops streaming when opening IOS app

Hi, this issue is related to having an Amazon Echo Dot on your network connected to the same Spotify account as you are using on your iphone. Scenario: Open Spotify App, start playing on your iPhone, switch to Spotify Connect supported device (not th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, this issue is related to having an Amazon Echo Dot on your network connected to the same Spotify account as you are using on your iphone.   Scenario:   Open Spotify App, start playi...
  • gstos
  • Visitor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Amazon
    Connect
    Echo
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Spotify Lyrics Still Don’t Work

My Spotify lyrics are still yet to work as of April 2nd 2022. My phone is a iphone 13 on the latest update along with my Spotify on version 8.7.18Everyone I know has lyrics why am I still yet to have mine?

• My Spotify lyrics are still yet to work as of April 2nd 2022.  My phone is a iphone 13 on the latest update along with my Spotify on version 8.7.18 Everyone I know has lyrics why am I still ye...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Missing app icon

Spotify is installed on my iPhone 13 but the icon is now gone from home screen (where it used to be). How do I get it back? Without the icon, I don't know how to uninstall and reinstall the app. Thanks for any advice.

• Visitor
  • Spotify is installed on my iPhone 13 but the icon is now gone from home screen (where it used to be).  How do I get it back?  Without the icon, I don't know how to uninstall and reinstall t...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Album Art blurry/low quality

After offloading the app, deleting and then re-downloading it to fix half of my album art not showing up, I have ran into another issue… Album art is now blurry/low quality under “my Library”. Even the custom images (that are high rez) I apply to pla...

• Casual Listener
  • After offloading the app, deleting and then re-downloading it to fix half of my album art not showing up, I have ran into another issue…   Album art is now blurry/low quality under “my Library...
  • Pacocha8
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Blurry Album Art
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Rearrange Playlist - iPhone

Is there any way of manually rearranging your playlists on a mobile device, similar to the way you can on the desktop version? It's a little frustrating that I can't have the same order as I do on my desktop.

• Roadie
  • Is there any way of manually rearranging your playlists on a mobile device, similar to the way you can on the desktop version?   It's a little frustrating that I can't have the same order as I...
  • Pacocha8
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why won’t my music play when I click on it?

When I click on a song it will highlight green like it’s suppose to for all of 2 seconds and then without playing any music it will just disappear without me doing it. I have no idea what’s going on, I did everything these chats said to do and it’s n...

• When I click on a song it will highlight green like it’s suppose to for all of 2 seconds and then without playing any music it will just disappear without me doing it. I have no idea what’s going on,...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently played songs not appearing on history

I came across a song that I like and so I was going to press like but since the buttons for liking and disliking a song in radio are flipped, I accidentally pressed that I didn't want to hear it. So I'm trying to get into my history to find the song ...

• Casual Listener
  • I came across a song that I like and so I was going to press like but since the buttons for liking and disliking a song in radio are flipped, I accidentally pressed that I didn't want to hear it. So ...
  • OscarDC
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics not working in my account

PlanPremiunCountryPhilippinesDeviceIphone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 13.7 The lyrics funtion does not appear in my account, but in other accounts of my family plan it does. I have logged with my account on the other phones and the lyrics do not appear...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premiun Country Philippines Device Iphone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 13.7   The lyrics funtion does not appear in my account, but in other accounts of my family plan it does. I ha...
  • ThiagoHaos
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Lost all downloaded songs

I have gone on holiday to a remote location for 8 days of relaxing. Cell reception is non-existent other than 1, maybe 2 bars right at the end of the jetty. I’m on day 2 and have been listening to my large library of downloaded songs across a few dif...

• I have gone on holiday to a remote location for 8 days of relaxing. Cell reception is non-existent other than 1, maybe 2 bars right at the end of the jetty. I’m on day 2 and have been listening to my...
  • OscarDC
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect only sees devices that have the app open

PlanPremiumCountryBEDeviceIphone, Desktop, Laptop, Denon HEOSOperating SystemiOS, Windows 11 My Question or IssueSpotify Connect can now apparently only see devices that have the app open. I've tried it on my phone, desktop and laptop. They can all s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country BE Device Iphone, Desktop, Laptop, Denon HEOS Operating System iOS, Windows 11   My Question or Issue Spotify Connect can now apparently only see devices that have...
  • OscarDC
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't turn off random option

PlanPremiumDevice(iPhone SE and same with previous iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS 13 and 14) My Question or IssueI can't turn off the random option when listening to album. I gos to the Now Playing view and hit the crossed arrows icon and it become gr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device (iPhone SE and same with previous iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS 13 and 14)   My Question or Issue I can't turn off the random option when listening to album. I gos ...
  • 1wtf
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes