Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files song disappearing when playing

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceIOS, IPhone 6Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen trying to use the local files feature I am able to download the songs and put them on playlists but when I go to play one of the songs on my phone it wi...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device IOS, IPhone 6 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When trying to use the local files feature I am able to download the songs and pu...
  • crediexpress
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Does downloaded “radio” content on watch when it’s refreshed?

PlanPremiumCountryusa DeviceiPhone SE 2020 watch 3Operating System(iOS 15 and 8.4.2 on watch) My Question or Issue I read that the radio mixes refresh on occasion. If you have downloaded an artist radio content to your watch, when Spotify refreshes i...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country usa    Device iPhone SE 2020 watch 3 Operating System (iOS 15 and 8.4.2 on watch)    My Question or Issue   I read that the radio mix...
  • irish8377
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

CarPlay Liked Songs not showing

Recently "Liked Songs" under "Library" do not show on Apple CarPlay. Family and friends seem to have the same issue... Not sure if this is a Bug or a Feature™ ! (Latest App & iOS) Regards,

SpotifyLikedSongs.jpg
  • Recently "Liked Songs" under "Library" do not show on Apple CarPlay.   Family and friends seem to have the same issue...    Not sure if this is a Bug or a Feature™ ! (Latest App &a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution La música se corta iPadOS

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it would will be for us to try and help.Plan PremiumCountry España Device air pad 19,9 Operating SystemiOS iPad 15.3.1 My Question or IssueÚltimamente cuando pongo la...

• Casual Listener
  •   None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it would will be for us to try and help. Plan  Premium Country España   Device air pad 19,...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iPhone13/local files

As far as I can tell there’s no way to select the source folder for local files on the new iPhone13.I’ve selected to show local files in my settings but unlike the Mac and the Airbook, you don’t seem to get the choice of which folders to use on the i...

• Regular
  • As far as I can tell there’s no way to select the source folder for local files on the new iPhone13. I’ve selected to show local files in my settings but unlike the Mac and the Airbook, you don’t se...
  • OscarDC
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iOS Radio Disappeared

Hello, since the new update i cannot start a radio with unlimited titels... on my pc the playlist radio is there, but on my iphone I cannot start or see the playlist radio. That sucks a litte bit, because when I am driving, I take one titel and will ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   since the new update i cannot start a radio with unlimited titels... on my pc the playlist radio is there, but on my iphone I cannot start or see the playlist radio.   That suc...
  • Vasil
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable To Listen To Local Files From PC To iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 8 & Dell LaptopOperating System IOS 15.3 & Windows 11 My Question or IssueI've been trying to add Local Files to my Spotify on my iPhone so I can listen to a few songs that aren't on Spotify, but no matter how much I...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 8 & Dell Laptop Operating System  IOS 15.3 & Windows 11   My Question or Issue I've been trying to add Local Files to my Spotify on ...
  • Vasil
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone
    local files
    PC
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle disables when connecting to Ford SYNC

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone SE 2nd gen (Also happened on iPhone 7S)Operating SystemiOS 15.2 My Question or IssueI do delivery gig work, so my car is being shut off frequently (2016 Ford Fusion) and every time my phone connects to car ...

•   Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone SE 2nd gen (Also happened on iPhone 7S) Operating System iOS 15.2   My Question or Issue I do delivery gig work, so my car is b...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Apple desktop app has NEVER WORKED

Premium Plan, USA. Macbook Pro 2019 running OS Mojave 10.14.6. The Spotify desktop app on my computer has NEVER worked. It was not working on my first computer, which was an older Macbook Pro. I then subscribed to Premium in case that was the issue. ...

• Regular
  • Premium Plan, USA. Macbook Pro 2019 running OS Mojave 10.14.6.   The Spotify desktop app on my computer has NEVER worked. It was not working on my first computer, which was an older Macbook Pr...
  • Yordan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Random Music Playing

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 8 PlusOperating SystemiOS 12.3.2 My Question or IssueWhen listening to any playlist or song, every few songs mid song the song will switch to a random song in no playlist or library on my account.

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 8 Plus Operating System iOS 12.3.2   My Question or Issue When listening to any playlist or song, every few songs mid song the song will switch t...
  • OscarDC
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Playlists] editing playlists

i’ve been having issues with my spotify, more specifically editing/viewing my spotify playlists, and was directed here after having help from customer service. i cant, and haven’t been able to , see which songs i have in any playlist, whether it be m...

• Visitor
  • i’ve been having issues with my spotify, more specifically editing/viewing my spotify playlists, and was directed here after having help from customer service. i cant, and haven’t been able to , see ...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Optimera/Enhance

Sorry for writing in swedish…I appen på iPhone finns funktionen ”optimera” en spellista.Jag uppdaterade just appen i MacOS men där finns inte funktionen. Är den bara utvecklad för appen i telefonen?

• Sorry for writing in swedish… I appen på iPhone finns funktionen ”optimera” en spellista. Jag uppdaterade just appen i MacOS men där finns inte funktionen. Är den bara utvecklad för appen i telefon...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts won't play in playlist

PlanStudent PremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 13Operating SystemiOS 15.3.1 My Question or IssueI put podcasts that help me sleep in a playlist together. I have never had an issue, but recently they're either not been playing when I press the gr...

• Plan Student Premium Country United States Device iPhone 13 Operating System iOS 15.3.1   My Question or Issue I put podcasts that help me sleep in a playlist together. I have never ha...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify search not working on iPod?

Hi! I’ve been using my iPod touch 7th gen for Spotify for a little while now but I noticed the search doesn’t work. Anytime I try to search up a song an listen to it from there I get a pop telling me that it can’t open the link on the device. This ha...

• Hi! I’ve been using my iPod touch 7th gen for Spotify for a little while now but I noticed the search doesn’t work. Anytime I try to search up a song an listen to it from there I get a pop telling me...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify continues to pause self across all platforms

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA DevicesiPhone XR, MacBook Pro 2017, MacBook Pro 2018, Chrome, Safari Operating SystemsiOS 15.1 (iphone) 11.6.1 (macbook pro 2017), 11.4 (macbook pro 2018) My Question or IssueFor the past two years or so Spotify - across all...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA   Devices iPhone XR, MacBook Pro 2017, MacBook Pro 2018, Chrome, Safari   Operating Systems iOS 15.1 (iphone) 11.6.1 (macbook pro 2017), 11.4 (macbook...
  • User0322
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Automatically load and play downloaded content without buffer

Why is there a need for buffering a download song, album or playlist. I don’t want to wait. The songs should already be downloaded to my device, And potentially with higher audio playback quality. Waiting for downloaded content leaves me confused and...

• Visitor
  • Why is there a need for buffering a download song, album or playlist. I don’t want to wait. The songs should already be downloaded to my device, And potentially with higher audio playback quality. &n...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle resets when you switch devices mid-stream

Wasn't exactly sure where to post this, since it affects ALL devices. I currently use iMac, iPhone, and Sonos. When I'm playing a playlist in Shuffle mode and switch from my iMac to another device mid-stream, the shuffle order resets and it starts pl...

• Wasn't exactly sure where to post this, since it affects ALL devices. I currently use iMac, iPhone, and Sonos. When I'm playing a playlist in Shuffle mode and switch from my iMac to another device mi...
  • unclnis
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 9 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs only playing for 2 seconds

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 11 plus Operating SystemiOS 15.3 My Question or IssueMy issue is that I can play one song if I restart the app but when it goes onto the next song is only plays 2 seconds until I restart the app again. I have trie...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device iPhone 11 plus  Operating System iOS 15.3       My Question or Issue My issue is that I can play one song if I restart the app ...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

“add more” option

spotify won’t let me use the “add more” for any playlist. i don’t know how i’m supposed to edit my playlists without this option. is there any way i can fix it?

• spotify won’t let me use the “add more” for any playlist. i don’t know how i’m supposed to edit my playlists without this option. is there any way i can fix it?
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes