NEXT STEP

Facebook Connect Error

Solved!

Facebook Connect Error

Hello Spotify Community!

I currently have 2 Spotify accounts:

• A Facebook setup account from the past
• A newly created native Spotify account

* The native Facebook and native Spotify account have the same username (mathewcnichols) and email address. (Odd that I am able to register two Spotify accounts using the same email address!)

I've removed and deleted the Spotfiy app from the Facebook account. Then attempted to join it to my native Spotify acccount.

I'm getting an error when I try to join my new native Spotify account to my Facebook account even though it is disconnected:

• I've tried using the web browser "Account Overview" "manually enable Facebook" option and I get "a temporary error": http://screencast.com/t/3cwn9IQ4

• I've tried through the Windows native Spotify application "Connect to Facebook" button and I receive "Ok" but nothing happens: http://screencast.com/t/yNOIbxepdJT

Feel free to chime in if you have any advice.

Thank you for reading!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Once you have got in touch and replied to the automated email, someone should get back to you within 48 hours (but things can take a bit longer at the weekends).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I'm all set.

I've worked with tech support over the weekend. They were fast and a great to work with. I've got my own Spotify username and it's linked to my Facebook again for sharing playlists & activity.

Rock on Spotify!

You can now find me at mathewcnichols!

Thank you, Peter!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

I suspect the system is recognising there is a full Spotify account tied to your Facebook login (based on your email address). If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they should be able to delete the Facebook created account which will then let you merge them. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Thank you for your response.

That is pretty much what I have found through some community searching. So far I have used the contact form to request a a "port over" from the management team for my Facebook account to my native Spotify account.

My intent for doing this is to create a unified username across other internet accounts and web forums so it is easier to find me in the cloud. The internet is like the universe...ever expanding.

If anyone happens to stumble upon this, this is the thread I've referenced:

"Switching from Facebook account": http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Switching-from-Facebook-account-to-S...

For anyone else looking, I also wrote a handy DIY tutorial for this here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Tutorial-How-to-Disconnect-Spotify-from-F...

Peter

I was looking for that one to reference too!

I couldn't  technically "disconnect" my old Spotify account from Facebook since the Spotify account was originally created with Facebook connect.

However, I've used that tutorial to transfer my playlists from my old Spotify/Facebook account > new Spotify account. Then copied/pasted my songs into my own editable playlists. That way if they decide to "port over "or delete my Facebook account, I will be all set.

Thank you, Peter! You rock.

I have also tried joining my Facebook account to my Spotify account (username: “mathewcnichols”) using the Android app.

I receive “The Facebook account you’ve tried to connect to is already connected to another Spotify account.” http://screencast.com/t/qnzyCU3s

It looks like tech support had trouble understanding my request. I told them to just delete my current Spotify Facebook account so I can then link my Facebook account to my native Spotify account.

< This is the FB account I want Spotify to delete. Just waiting on them to do so...

How long does this process take?

It can't be too difficult to pop open a UI and delete this account.

Marked as solution

Once you have got in touch and replied to the automated email, someone should get back to you within 48 hours (but things can take a bit longer at the weekends).

Peter

Marked as solution

I'm all set.

I've worked with tech support over the weekend. They were fast and a great to work with. I've got my own Spotify username and it's linked to my Facebook again for sharing playlists & activity.

Rock on Spotify!

You can now find me at mathewcnichols!

Thank you, Peter!

Rocking! Enjoy! 🙂

Peter

Hi Peter, I am having the same problem. I used to have anot old spotify account and now I created my Facebook account. I just got premium under my Facebook account. I have already tried to log out the Facebook, I've logged in under my old account waltergandra and then when I try to link my Facebook account, I am getting an error message that my account already exists. Any idea what do I need to do? Thank you,

Walter Gandra

I have the same issue. I want to connect my facebook on my dedicated spotify account and not use the one i previously created using facebook but im getting the error that it is alrdy connected to another spotify account. How do i migrate my facebook account to my dedicated premium account i use. U can reach me at adrianpauloroco@gmail.com

Suggested posts