Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked??!!

Solved!

Account hacked??!!

Something extremely weird and upsetting has happened in my account. I first noticed all three devices from which I use Spotify had my session automatically logged out, so I had to re-login in all of them.

But the worst thing is: I have new playlists I have never ever created myself, with music I doesn't even like. My section of recently played artists is full of artists I had never heard of. Since someone else might have added playlists in my account, I fear he/she might have edited my playlists, which luckily I think they are all still there, and deleted random tracks for instance. Not to mention that this person might have been listening to music with my money.

Can you please tell me if there has been any massive hack attack or something? How sure can I be that my account is safe?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @luismartin! That's not good - but we can definitely fix it.

Start by contacting Spotify using this contact form. You may receive an automated reply asking you to check out the support forums again. Not to worry - just reply back (even if it's a noreply address) and the support team will be able to take a look at your account backstage. They should be back to you within 24 to 48 hours.

In the mean time, I recommend changing your password and going here so you can click Sign Out Everywhere. Just be sure to remember your email and new password. It looks like this:

large.png

Next, head over to the Offline Devices tab and remove all devices that you aren't associated with. The page should look similar to this:

large-1.png

Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

If this has solved your issue, please click "Accept as Solution" below. 🙂

- Jiana

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Someone is using my account RIGHT NOW!!! Stopping my music, and listening to this awful music from his/her device. 

How is this possible if I was automatically logged out?? 

This is really pissing me off!!

Marked as solution

Hey, @luismartin! That's not good - but we can definitely fix it.

Start by contacting Spotify using this contact form. You may receive an automated reply asking you to check out the support forums again. Not to worry - just reply back (even if it's a noreply address) and the support team will be able to take a look at your account backstage. They should be back to you within 24 to 48 hours.

In the mean time, I recommend changing your password and going here so you can click Sign Out Everywhere. Just be sure to remember your email and new password. It looks like this:

large.png

Next, head over to the Offline Devices tab and remove all devices that you aren't associated with. The page should look similar to this:

large-1.png

Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

If this has solved your issue, please click "Accept as Solution" below. 🙂

- Jiana

Suggested posts