Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked

Account hacked

IHi- my spotify account seems to have been hacked by another user- today all my playlists had been deleted and replaced with a load of french rap music (not a fan) my password changed and 4 new unknown users added to my spotify with unknown email addresses- now removed.

can someone please a) explain how this has happened

b) tell me how to revert my spotify back to exactly as it was on the 3rd of january prior to it being hijacked?

c) tell me how to stop this happening again?

2 Replies

Hey,

Spotify recommends that you immediately follow this guide:

Someone has gained access to my account.

Once you have secured your account, you can easily recover your playlists, as Spotify automatically backs them up.

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Click Recover playlists in the menu on the left. 
  3. Click RESTORE by the playlist you want to recover.
  4. Open Spotify and find the restored playlist at the bottom of your playlist collection.

To prevent this from happening again, check out this Spotify support page:

Protect your account.

As for how this happened, Spotify explains at the end of the guide.

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey, @jamesamwood -

That's not cool! I suggest following the guide here as soon as possible: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-accoun...

When you fill out the contact form for Spotify, please mention your own email address(instead of the one from hacked account) so we can send the email to that address.

After contacting Spotify, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and the support team will be able to help you out.

Thank you 🙂

Suggested posts