Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account info is wrong and password does not work to correct it.

Account info is wrong and password does not work to correct it.

I believe my account has been hacked. I started getting the message "music has been paused...". Checked out my account info and it's all wrong (email, number). Tried to change my account info and password. Password does not work. Can't use the forgot password feature as it would send it to the wrong email address. Help!

7 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I suggest you submit this online contact form; and someone at Spotify should be able to get it sorted for you.

If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Still nothing. Cancelled my subscription. No point on paying for a service that won't let me use it and no way to fix it.

Did you get any reply? If you have a case number, I'll chase it up for you.

no reply. frustrating.

here is my case number-

# 00980504

would love to get this resolved and renew subscription of course. Wondering how many others had a similar experience? Would be nice for Spotify to create a protocol to take care of issues like this more promptly.

Thank you.

Thanks. I've escalated this to the staff for you. Normally the contact form works pretty well with most issues resolved within 24 hours so hopefully we'll have you fixed soon 🙂

Thanks Joe.

Hi Astroplaid, 

Your case has definitely reached us. It's currently with the right folks--they'll get back to you as soon as they can. 

Thanks!

Suggested posts