Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account is hacked

Account is hacked

Hi all,

Recently I saw some strange behaviour on my spotify account (songs where in my recent list wich I would never listen to) but i tought it might just be that i played the songs in my pants while walking or whatever.

Today I noticed that some playlist had dissaperead and that my music kept pausing.

After I checked the connected devives I saw a device wich wasnt mine. 

I logged in on my spotify profile on the website (with my facebook account cause I never used the option to register an e-mail adres) and I saw there was an unknow e-mail adres being used in my profile. I tried to change it but spotify kept asking me for a password for the email login, wich I ofcourse don´t have because I always login with my facebook account. 

I tried to change te password all together but this was also not possible because of the same reason. 

After that i decided to log out all of the current devices and change my facebook password. Still the e-mail adres and the password is active for the person who hacked me tough cause I can not change it. 

I tried contacting spotify by there contact form but they inform me after sending a message that they will contact me on my e-mail adres, wich ofcourse is the adres of the hacker.

Does somebody have an idea how to change this so I can kick the hacker from my account asap.

With Regards,

Rikkie1990

8 Replies

Please. Anybody has an idea cause the hacker keeps using my account and can't change!!!

I've got exactly the same problem! Contacted support, got a standard response for more information and have had no contact since, despite numerous attempts by myself to contact them with the requested further information.

I think the same thing has happened to me, I also noticed some strange songs on my recently played list and logged out of all current devices.
I'm using Facebook-login and get a "wrong password"-error when trying to log in in the PC or mobile app. The site seems to log me in but I can't see my details, the browser just gives a "The page isn't redirecting properly" when trying to access my account. No emails from resetting my password. I contacted support yesterday after a week of not being able to login, no replies yet.

I recieved a reply from spotify after contacting them on the no-reply email adres. 

The e-mail wich says they will contact you is therefor easiest to reply to, they contacted me back trough this method within a day. 

Just send your payment method, facebook url, or other proof that the account is yours and they will change the email adres to your own.

Also don´t forget to logout all devices trought the website.

My account has also been restored after contacting Spotify through Twitter yesterday. I can see Michael Jackson, Drake and Charlie Brown Jr. on the recently played-list (not listened to by me) and my Premium account also had been cancelled somehow. Thanks to Spotify Support for their quick actions once they received my first message!

I had the same issue with artists in my recently played list - it's now ruined my discover weekly! 

What address was that? I can't seem to get onto anyone. I'm having the same issue and It's very very frustrating

I tweeted the Twitter account @SpotifyCares and they replied with a DM.

Suggested posts