Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account plan not changing

Account plan not changing

I keep getting charged the family plan but i signed up for the student plan. I have tried to changing and it says it is vlid and then it just never updates the payment. This is getting very annoying. I am a college student, and I am verified until september 2020

3 Replies

Hey there @baparengineer

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Just to confirm, what steps did you take when trying to change your Premium plan? It'd be great if you'd send us a video of what happens in the process.

We'll make sure to look into this in detail and get back to you once we have this info.

We'll look out to your reply.

I log onto spotify on my laptop and go to account. Under "Current Plan" I click on "change plan" and click on student premium option. I am then taken to another webpage where it says that I am verified as a student until september 2020 but when i go back to my account nothing appears.

Hey there @baparengineer,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this!

If you're having troubles seeing a change when trying that, we'd recommend locating the email from SheerID that you were verified as a student and following again the instructions to avail of Premium Student there. It'd be a good idea giving this a try in an incognito or private window in your browser.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd suggest following the steps below to cancel your Premium Family plan:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Under Your plan, click CHANGE PLAN.
  3. Choose CANCEL PREMIUM under Spotify Free.

Once your account has reverted to Free, you can try again subscribing to Premium Student. Rest assured that when your plan changes to Spotify Free, you will still be able to log in, play tunes, and access all your saved music and playlists.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts