Free

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

(iOS 14.2)

My Question or Issue

I was using my account two days ago and it was working just fine, when it suddenly logged me out on my phone. Every time I try to log back in it says the password and email are incorrect. When I try to reset the email or password the link that is sent to my email is invalid and won't work. Then, when I try a second or third time, it says that my account is INVALID and that there is no active account attached to the email or the username. You can go on spotify and look up "ninjentsie" and see my account AND my music playlists, so how can it say that? I don't want to delete and start fresh, I had two years worth of music built up on the account. I've tried contacting customer support but it is an endless loop of clicking links that lead me back to the start of customer support. Also, I can't receive any replies from a real human being. I just want my account back. I need a human person with a brain to help me! Please!!!

3 Replies

Hi there @ninjentsie,

thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community !

Please visit this official help page and select the following :

- Logging in

- Someone's taken over my account

- I still need help

- Fill you name

- Describe the issue

- Click on "Start Chat"

This way, you'll be able to receive the help needed here.

Let me know if I can provide further assistance 🙂

did you ever get this fixed?? you explained my problem to an exact t. i did talk to someone, but i feel as if i didn't communicate thoroughly as you did. they were very patient and nice but i didn't really get far into solving this problem. did you ever get your account back? i've had mine since early 2019 and i really want it back. 

if you did fix it, how?

Hey @nevaehallston

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

Could you confirm if you experience the same on the desktop app and the web player? If you haven't tried this yet, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

It's also a good idea to use a private/incognito window when opening the password reset link you've received. This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. 

If that doesn't do the trick, try again in a different kind of browser.  

Hope this helps. Keep us in the loop here. 

Suggested posts