Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account username changed with random numbers! Help!

Account username changed with random numbers! Help!

FAQ told me to log in and out of FB but it didn't work for more than a year. 

Couple of my friends aren't affected and it's annoying to have mine seen as random numbers from my own account and even others'.

Please help!

Why can't we change our username or it following the FB account? 

Such a disappointment that Spotify labelling us users as just digits, and us to accept that way! 

5 Replies

Hey @telshuk 

That string of characters is your actual Spotify username, which was assigned automatically to you when you created your account through Facebook.

Fortunately, they aren't something you need to remember, since you can simply sign in with your email address.

Sometimes it's displayed like that in the app, but normally it should update itself after a little while with your name.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same issue. I'm logging in with my FB account. There were no problem 3-4 months ago. But now my user name is random numbers and no user picture. I've signed out and signed in but no change. This is so annoying. You have to find a solution to this issue.

Hey @telshuk.

Check out this Spotify Answers.

Should help you out 🙂 Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Hi @osornios,

I am aware that the serial number is my username but early last year, my friends were able to see my alphanumeric username. Since then till now, it's only digits.

That solution worked for me. Thanks.

Suggested posts