Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Elena
  • 118 replies
  • 104 likes
  • Account
  • 118 replies
  • 104 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Pawtz
  • 57 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 57 replies
  • 8 likes

Subscribed, but not getting Premium?

If you've paid for Premium but can't use your Premium features (ad-free listening, download music for offline listening, etc.), try the following: Log out and back into your accountOccasionally this is necessary to force a sync of info between your d...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 4840 replies
  • 118 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 4840 replies
  • 118 likes

Update required for Facebook log in

I am logged out of Spotify on my MacBook. I have tried to log in and it says "Facebook login for your Spotify client is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a newer version of Spotify. Download the latest version of Spotify at www.spotify.com/downl...

• I am logged out of Spotify on my MacBook. I have tried to log in and it says "Facebook login for your Spotify client is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a newer version of Spotify. Download the...
  • Hubo
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Arists Profile

Hello, I am an artist an dust released a track through cdbaby. My name is the same name as another artist and it released my single under their spotify artist profile. Who can I contact to have this corrected. Thanks for any help.

• Hello,   I am an artist an dust released a track through cdbaby. My name is the same name as another artist and it released my single under their spotify artist profile. Who can I contact to h...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Choosing another country

I have moved from one country to another. When trying to Edit my Account Profile, the new country I am living is not shown on the drop-down menu. Any ideas how to fix it to avoid '14 days in another country' notification and finally get access back t...

• I have moved from one country to another. When trying to Edit my Account Profile, the new country I am living is not shown on the drop-down menu. Any ideas how to fix it to avoid '14 days in another ...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify facebook merging problem

hello everyone i got a problem i used to have a spotify account that is linked to my facebook account but i dont use it anymore recently i opened up a new account and merge this new account with my facebook, problem is i cant.i tried deleting the app...

• hello everyone   i got a problem i used to have a spotify account that is linked to my facebook account but i dont use it anymore recently i opened up a new account and merge this new account ...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Link Errors, Dedicated Spotify Account to Facebook...

I'll try to keep this simple. I am facing several issues when trying to link my spotify account to facebook. 1. there is no response when I try to link my spotify to facebook with the desktop app. The application registers my clicking on the several ...

• I'll try to keep this simple. I am facing several issues when trying to link my spotify account to facebook.   1. there is no response when I try to link my spotify to facebook with the deskto...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Close Account Email Doesn't Come Through

Hello, I'm trying to Close my account permanently. I have gone through all the steps multiple times on https://support.spotify.com/us/close-account/ and I still have not received the email. I have checked my **bleep** and trash folders multiple times...

• Not applicable
  • Hello, I'm trying to Close my account permanently. I have gone through all the steps multiple times on https://support.spotify.com/us/close-account/ and I still have not received the email. I have ch...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Crossfading tracks

Hey!I turned the crossfade tracks- feature on, but it won't work. Neither will the feature that should make all the songs play at the same volume. I have spotify premium. Any suggestions?

• Hey! I turned the crossfade tracks- feature on, but it won't work. Neither will the feature that should make all the songs play at the same volume. I have spotify premium. Any suggestions?
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline mode

I've got two concerns. First, I downloaded songs and when I turn off my data and wifi, I couldn't play the songs I downloaded so I realized I gotta turn on offline mode to do so and I did and finally can play songs I downloaded but I wonder why I can...

• Casual Listener
  • I've got two concerns. First, I downloaded songs and when I turn off my data and wifi, I couldn't play the songs I downloaded so I realized I gotta turn on offline mode to do so and I did and finally...
  • kycgl
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

can't loggin

i can't remember what email adress is the one from spotify and i forgot my passwort.

• Not applicable
  • i can't remember what email adress is the one from spotify and i forgot my passwort. 
  • kejt_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Change account and keep my music

Hello,I want to change my username,and that means creating a new account, but I don’t want to lose my music. Is there any way I could store it and move it after creating the account? Any other ideas?

• Hello, I want to change my username,and that means creating a new account, but I don’t want to lose my music. Is there any way I could store it and move it after creating the account? Any other idea...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Seems like someone else has access to my Spotify account

Dear Community, It was yesterday when I found out someone is selecting numbers, playlists and other devices to play the music on. He or she is doing that from my account and it is very annoying since it cancels my music constantly. So in short: it se...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear Community,   It was yesterday when I found out someone is selecting numbers, playlists and other devices to play the music on. He or she is doing that from my account and it is very annoy...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

why can't i log in?

when i was opening the app in my android i was told to sign in. I didn't log out from my spotify. I tried signing in to my account with the correct user and my password, but it's not working. It said that the email and the password is invalid. I trie...

• when i was opening the app in my android i was told to sign in. I didn't log out from my spotify. I tried signing in to my account with the correct user and my password, but it's not workin...
  • kejt_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Account Hacked please help!!

Please can you help - my account appears to have been hacked and hijacked by another user. I have managed to login to this page via facebook login, but the email address, postcode and password that are now associated with this account are not mine.I ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Please can you help - my account appears to have been hacked and hijacked by another user. I have managed to login to this page via facebook login, but the email address, postcode and pa...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Security
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify thinks i'm in another country

My company is a nordic one, and therefore my IP adress is set to sweden, but my location is in Norway, is there a way to make it so that I dont only get swedish songs recomended to me? My account profile says im based in Norway but it doesn't seem to...

• My company is a nordic one, and therefore my IP adress is set to sweden, but my location is in Norway, is there a way to make it so that I dont only get swedish songs recomended to me?  My acco...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution AMEX in Argentina

Hi there.Well, it's simple. I cannot use another credit card than AMEX for this payment, how can I change my country at my profile? This option leads me to my Facebook account and i'm not going to modify that.Its really hard to believe that you can't...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there. Well, it's simple. I cannot use another credit card than AMEX for this payment, how can I change my country at my profile? This option leads me to my Facebook account and i'm not going to ...
  • dokorn
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t connect Facebook Account to Spotify

Hi for the past month I have been trying to connect my Facebook account to Spotify I have tried to do this in various different ways be it using my iPad,iPhone,laptop or desktop app. Each time I get an error saying it couldn’t connect. Any help would...

• Not applicable
  • Hi for the past month I have been trying to connect my Facebook account to Spotify I have tried to do this in various different ways be it using my iPad,iPhone,laptop or desktop app. Each time I get ...
  • Melody
  • Community Manager
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Trying to connect with Spotify from foreign country

I am currently in Germany and connecting with Spotify doesn´t work. The message"Anmedlung fehlgeschlagen. Du kannst Spotify im Ausland nur 14 Tage verwenden" always appears.What can I do?Many thanks in advance,Helmut

• I am currently in Germany and connecting with Spotify doesn´t work. The message "Anmedlung fehlgeschlagen. Du kannst Spotify im Ausland nur 14 Tage verwenden" always appears. What can I do? Many t...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spoticy Connect Disconnect?

I got a weird issue. Somehow (possibly bad password on my part) someone logged into my profile, deleted all playlists and made two new ones with persian music. I could get my playlists back and I did reset my password and logged off on all devices.St...

• I got a weird issue.   Somehow (possibly bad password on my part) someone logged into my profile, deleted all playlists and made two new ones with persian music.   I could get my playli...
  • TheBrickSlayer
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

country and profile do not match

I'm getting error 408 (your country does not match the one set in profile). I don't have VPN and I'm logging in from the country my profile is set to.When I go to my account, I cannot change country either (menu locked). I tried to add postcode but n...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm getting error 408 (your country does not match the one set in profile). I don't have VPN and I'm logging in from the country my profile is set to. When I go to my account, I cannot change c...
  • Hubo
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Login
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I have been hacked

May I only use the Facebook linked system with out the stupid email and password method? I have tried to reset my password twice, and the hacker just change my password then leave some message to laugh at me. I also checked my gmail and Facebook, the...

• May I only use the Facebook linked system with out the stupid email and password method? I have tried to reset my password twice, and the hacker just change my password then leave some message to lau...
  • Hubo
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes