Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ads in Unlimited (after years without ads)

Solved!

Ads in Unlimited (after years without ads)

Hi, For quite a long time I have an unlimited account, without ads. But since a few days I get ads, both visual in the player and in audio.

I followed the tips I found on this forum, such as log out and in again. I even fully uninstalled the application and installed a newly downloaded app. But the the ads are still there. Anybody help?

68 Replies

@mikkristiansen What device is this on? Unlimited ad-free listening only applies to desktops.

I just signed up for premium (my account shows 'premium' status) and I get a commercial every time I play the first song as well as throughout my listening time.  Are ads just built-in now?  I presumed $10/month was enough to avoid hearing ads.

Nope @wodell you shouldn't be getting ads. Can you just check a couple of things for me. What is shown under Subscription Status and username on your account overview and what username appears on the email confirmation you received from Spotify?

See attached image.  It says premium.   Username is 12134580138

Screen Shot 2014-03-28 at 2.06.57 PM.png

Could you try logging out and back in. If you still get ads, please reinstall the spotify app.

I've just joined spotify premium to avoid ads. I am currently doing the free trial but I am seeing visual banner ads in the application. This is not an ad free experience. How do I get rid of them?

Thanks,

Are they only on the Browse/Discover pages? If so go to Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Music Announcements > Hide on Discover Page.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm new to Spotify and this community. I wanted to check the latest features for the Unlimited service please. My daughter just initiated a subscription at £4.99 pm. She mainly uses iPad as do I. We cannot see any difference between the Free and Unlimited services. What in earth are we paying extra for on Unlimited? Before coming to this community to ask, I have tried for sometime to find the answer from the Spotify website but it only talks about Free and Premium.
Confused.

I have just cancelled after more than 5 years. What a disgusting way to treat customers, free and unlimited are now one and the same and they hoped nobody would notice. checking out D**ZER as i type this...

Suggested posts