Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All my Playlists are gone!

Solved!

All my Playlists are gone!

Hi.

I've reinstalled Spotify today, now all my Playlists are gone. I've read in some older Posts that you are able to restore Playlists. Can you please restore mine? 

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Okay... I managed to get my playlists back. The lost connection between my Facebook and my Spotfy account was causing the Problem.

This is how I did it:

The playlists were still displayed in my Facebook account. So when I clicked on the "play" button of a playlist it was opened in Spotify. I clicked on "follow" and afterwards I copied the songs from the "followed-playlist" of my "old" spotify-account to a new playlist in my "new" spotify-account... Tadaaa... Problem solved.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @Acier ! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like you might have accidentally created and logged into a duplicate account.

Try following the steps outlined in this post and see if they can get you back into your original account. If not, there is a link in that post to get in touch with the Spotify team directly and they will be able to help you out getting back to your real account. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Are you sure you are logged into the correct account? If so, you can recover playlists from your account profile.

Thanks for the fast reply! the page only shows the last two playlists named "windows media player". they have been created automatically after installing spotify. 

Maybe I should have mentioned that i deactivated (not deleted) my facebook account a couple of days ago. But I activated it again to be able to login to spotify. Maybe thats the problem?

That explains things. I recommend you use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

Thank you! I will give it a try.

Marked as solution

Okay... I managed to get my playlists back. The lost connection between my Facebook and my Spotfy account was causing the Problem.

This is how I did it:

The playlists were still displayed in my Facebook account. So when I clicked on the "play" button of a playlist it was opened in Spotify. I clicked on "follow" and afterwards I copied the songs from the "followed-playlist" of my "old" spotify-account to a new playlist in my "new" spotify-account... Tadaaa... Problem solved.

All my playlists are gone too! I had multiple playlists and thousands of songs. This is me begging to be helped. Pleaseeee, would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance

Are you using Facebook to login? Can yout give a little more information about what you've done or what happened?

Also try the steps in this post which outlines the most common way to fix this issue 😉 

Peter

Peter

I've been away from my country. I installed new Windows (while I was away) on my laptop and when I returned to my home country, I installed spotify, but there's no one playlist that I saved. I am connected with Facebook and I've never changed anything on Facebook. Any suggestion?!

Marked as solution

Hey @Acier ! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like you might have accidentally created and logged into a duplicate account.

Try following the steps outlined in this post and see if they can get you back into your original account. If not, there is a link in that post to get in touch with the Spotify team directly and they will be able to help you out getting back to your real account. 

Peter

Thank you!

I just lost my playlists too.  And only half of my starred songs are still on my account.  How do I fix this?

@jlb9210 -- I've just magicked those playlists/Starred tracks back into your account. If you log out, shout "Abracadabra!", then log back in, you'll see everything as before.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Thank you so much! You're a lifesaver!

Gee. Thank you. After hours of panic i found this and restored all my playlists. Thank you. You saved me from more panic.

Same problem here: since 2 days ago all of my playlists are gone. Please help! 

Hey @barbaravdz ! Welcome to the community 🙂

Try following the steps outlined in this post and see if they can get you back into your original account. If not, there is a link in that post to get in touch with the Spotify team directly.

Peter

I logged into my account on my computer and now my playlists followers and follwings are all missing. I can look up myself when I go through my friends followers on facebook. My playlists have been replaced with top 100 windows media player and itunes. I have a premium sub please help

Could you copy and paste a link to your own profile you can find (right click on your name > copy spotify uri)?

Peter

Suggested posts