Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Allow change of username

Allow change of username

I would like Spotify to enable changing user name, me as a trans person get a lot of dysphoria being reminded of my dead name, which I used when started my spotify account. This is not trans frriendly at all! And I know I'm not the only one. Yes there are work arounds but i can still SEE the f-ing name, it's still there, unchangable atm. Please Spotify, fix this, I do believe it's in your interest to be trans inclusive.

2 Replies

Hi there @malte_emg,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

I have to say i believe there are security reasons behind preventing users from changing their username.

However and as you mentioned, there are some work arounds.

First, i suggest posting your idea on the Spotify community "Ideas" section.

This way, it'll reach a far bigger number of users and they would have the option of relating then adding their +VOTE to promote your idea.

If you have any doubts on how and if this goes forward to Spotify, please check out this Spotify answer for further info.

In addition, another action you can take is to create a new account (not FB based) and use this Spotify answer to safely move all your data to the new account.

Waiting to hear what you think.

Have a great day 🙂

instagram allows change of username, facebook allows name changes, even gmail allows name change. spotify has enough info of ours to allow us to 'safely' and 'securely' change our names.

i've had spotify since 2012 and i have everything ive saved since then, plus all my liked songs and saved albums/artists. that is way too much to create a new account with.

but at the end of the day why would spotify be any different to any other social media in changing our usernames?

Suggested posts