Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist and Private Accounts

Artist and Private Accounts

Should I merge my private account to my artist account and if so, what are the benefits of doing so? I've been seeing a lot of questions on how to merge but since I am using Distrokid it is relatively easy. I just want to know whether or not I should. Do artist profiles not have to pay, and if you already have a premium subscription, when merged with your artist profile do you still have to pay? I would really love to get some more information, thank you!

3 Replies

Hey @anderbun,

Spotify has stopped merging artist pages with user profiles since the launch of the Spotify for Artists dashboard.

You can request access at https://artists.spotify.com/c/access.

Once your request is granted, your artist profile gets the verified check mark and you’ll have access to a dashboard of listening data! You’ll also be able to manage your profile’s images, story, and more.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

So I clicked on the link, and it said says since I used DistroKid I can get access instantly but it keeps wanting to link to my Spotify account already. Should I just do that and then set my notification email to my artist email address?

Right, thats because Spotify needs an account they grant access to. You'll be able to access your Spotify for Artists dashboard from the account that you've authorised.

It's totally up to you if you want to change your account's email address.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts