Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist verification problem

Solved!

Artist verification problem

Dear Spotify,

We send an application form for spotify artist verification on december 8th through our personal spotify account: wearelghtnng
We already had a blue V on our band profile for our band: LGHTNNG but we still cannot acces the options like: change banner, write bio etc. Our distro is Cd baby btw.
Please look into this.

Best,
Richard | LGHTNNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I understand what you're talking about. The instructions in my last post are for updating your artist image.

If you're trying to have a header & avatar independently, that's no longer possible unfortunately. Spotify is moving to a direction where they have a single, globally recognizable profile picture for each artist. When you update your image, it’ll update both your avatar and header image to the same picture.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @wearelghtnng,

It’s simple to update your photo using Spotify Fan Insights

1. Click the circular profile photo in the upper left hand corner of your dashboard.
  2. This will launch the Spotify desktop app (make sure you’re logged into Spotify using the same account connected to Fan Insights).
  3. Once your artist page is open, click the blue “edit images” button on your photo. Follow the prompts to upload a new image.

To make sure you look your best on Spotify, your image should:

• place the artist face in the center of the photo and as far away from all edges as possible.
  • be at least 2660px x 1140px, but preferably 6000px x 4000px.
  • not exceed 20MB.
  • not contain any infringing or offensive materials.
  • not contain any writing or brand advertising.
  • comply with Spotify's Copyright Policy.

While Spotify does not anticipate needing to, they reserve the right to remove images at any time and for any reason — so they can keep Spotify great for our users.

Re: Biography

All biographies are pulled from Rovi’s database. If your biography is inaccurate, please contact Rovi directly at content.music@rovicorp.com.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks for the reply Maxim,
However my question was about the banner for our bandprofile, not the profile pic on our personal account which only changes the pic on our personal account (that should be linked with our bandaccount) and not our band account. The option to upload a banner is still not there. I will look into the answer you gave for the bio.
Marked as solution

I understand what you're talking about. The instructions in my last post are for updating your artist image.

If you're trying to have a header & avatar independently, that's no longer possible unfortunately. Spotify is moving to a direction where they have a single, globally recognizable profile picture for each artist. When you update your image, it’ll update both your avatar and header image to the same picture.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts