Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't access spotify.com - however community works

Solved!

Can't access spotify.com - however community works

Plan - Premium Family

Country - Australia

Device - All devices - PC (Win 10 Pro) and phones/tablets via Wifi - not working unless already logged in

Device - Android 8 and 9 devices ARE working via cellular network

My Question or Issue

See screenshot.  I can't access spotify.com via home internet.  Router public IP address is 124.181.130.XX (Brisbane Australia).  All other websites (google, bing, FB etc) working fine.

There are no access control or routing issues on the router preventing access to spotify.com.  This PC is connected to router via ethernet, speed around 93Mbps down 38Mbps upload.

However I can login via cellular network in Brisbane.

Obviously can access community URL, just not Spotify itself...

Thanks Andrew

Spotify this site can't be reached.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi all - update - TL;DR? solved, issue caused by VPN

I reached out to Spotify support (while on cellular), and they very quickly responded.  After various troubleshooting suggestions, I followed the chain of data and found that there was a mismatch caused by my VPN provider (caused by our ISP changing our IP address).  It's likely Spotify runs a very tight geo-blocking regime?

Our ISP changes our address on a regular basis, so looks like time to move to a static IP.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi all - update - TL;DR? solved, issue caused by VPN

I reached out to Spotify support (while on cellular), and they very quickly responded.  After various troubleshooting suggestions, I followed the chain of data and found that there was a mismatch caused by my VPN provider (caused by our ISP changing our IP address).  It's likely Spotify runs a very tight geo-blocking regime?

Our ISP changes our address on a regular basis, so looks like time to move to a static IP.

The licensing of songs is different in each country. In some countries, certain songs are not available. So, yes, there are some very tight controls on what you can access from where.

In your account profile, your account is associated with your home country. And if you travel to another country, you can only use your account in that country for a limited amount of time. It will stop working unless you change the country that your account is assigned to in your profile.

Suggested posts