Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Fold 3

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

So, I trade phones alot, and I just picked up a Fold 3. Went to download my songs and it says I must delete them from one of my offline devices. I do not have spotify on any other devices except the one I was switching from. I did delete the offline from it. I have also forced a sign out on all devices. I still cannot download music. Then I find out for some (can't imagine why) reason, the option to delete offline devices was removed, so I can't even remove them from there. 

I only have 2 devices signed in currently. Every other device I've had was factory reset and sold/returned. What am I supposed to do? 

3 Replies

Hey @JudgeLaW,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

We get that you've reached the limit of devices available to store your downloads. You can read all about the limitations around the amount of offline content that could be stored on up to 5 devices here

All of the devices that are not active (not being logged into for more than 30 days) will be automatically removed from the list alongside with the content that was downloaded on them for offline listening. We understand that you've wiped everything with factory reset on your other devices, but this information (about the used device) remains on our servers for some time before it expires. You might need to either wait out for one of the older unused devices to get dropped form the list, or delete the offline contents of one of the devices that's in your possession to be able to fit within the requirements.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

First off, thank you for the reply. That's just not an acceptable solution, as again, if Spotify hadn't removed the option to remove offline devices, I could have fixed this myself. 

Thank you again, but I'll explore other options.

Hi @JudgeLaW!

You could also reach out to the folks over at Customer Support (if you haven't already) who can remove the cached data from their end, so that you can download content for offline listening on your new phone. You can get in touch with them here.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts