Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • kafkaU
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't add friends from facebook

PlanPremiumCountryUkraineDevicePC & iPhone 13 ProOperating SystemWindows 11 & iOS 14 My Question or IssueSpotify can't see my facebook friends when I try to link spotify and facebook nothing happens

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Ukraine Device PC & iPhone 13 Pro Operating System Windows 11 & iOS 14   My Question or Issue Spotify can't see my facebook friends when I try to l...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Change DOB

Hi, I want to change my date of birth on Spotify as it's inaccurate, but the option is greyed out on the website where I edit my details.

• Gig Goer
  • Hi, I want to change my date of birth on Spotify as it's inaccurate, but the option is greyed out on the website where I edit my details.
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Change my email attempt...

I tried to make another account so I wouldn't lose my old one when my work email was removed due to change of work. Then I realized it would mess up our family premium account. So I realized I could just change my original password on the original ac...

• Visitor
  • I tried to make another account so I wouldn't lose my old one when my work email was removed due to change of work. Then I realized it would mess up our family premium account. So I realized I could ...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't login, email already in use but, can't reset the password

CountryItalyDevicedekstop, chrome web browserOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueA few months ago Ii tried to install spotify with dekstop installer, but I had a problem with the firewall of the antivirus, i tried to turn it off and loggin,...

• Visitor
  • Country Italy Device dekstop, chrome web browser Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue A few months ago Ii tried to install spotify with dekstop installer, but I had a problem with ...
  • Vasil
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Setting up a Device Password

I want to deactivate my facebook because it's a distraction so I read that you can set up a device password to log on to your account if you have premium (which I do). I have the username that spotify gave me and I also received the email and clicked...

• I want to deactivate my facebook because it's a distraction so I read that you can set up a device password to log on to your account if you have premium (which I do). I have the username that spotif...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify Germany to Kenya Catalogues

Hi All,I recently moved to Kenya and am considering switching from Spotify Germany to Spotify Kenya. Is there a way of seeing which songs are on which catalogue, and therefore which I will lose access to?Thank you!

• Hi All, I recently moved to Kenya and am considering switching from Spotify Germany to Spotify Kenya. Is there a way of seeing which songs are on which catalogue, and therefore which I will lose acc...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't change password

Hello,I'm having an issue with changing my password. I accidentally misstyped when i changed my password through the password reset option a while ago and want to change my password to the one i intened, but every time i try to do so, i get an error ...

• Hello, I'm having an issue with changing my password. I accidentally misstyped when i changed my password through the password reset option a while ago and want to change my password to the one i in...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't rejoin Premium Duo

PlanPremium DuoCountrySouth AfricaDeviceHuawei P30 Pro / Huawei P30Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueMe and my wife are on a Premium Duo account. Her account was removed from the active members. When I sent her a new invite, she received an...

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-23 at 8.20.49 AM.jpeg
  • Plan Premium Duo Country South Africa Device Huawei P30 Pro / Huawei P30 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Me and my wife are on a Premium Duo account. Her account was re...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't download songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Fold 3Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueSo, I trade phones alot, and I just picked up a Fold 3. Went to download my songs and it says I must delete them from one of my offline devices. I do not have spotify...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung Fold 3 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue So, I trade phones alot, and I just picked up a Fold 3. Went to download my songs and it s...
  • Yordan
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Premium Account not working suddenly

After using Spotify from November as a Premium-user, since some hours a premium-use is not possible anymore. I've bought a subscription with UNIDAYS (12 months, per month 4.99€). Every month they've drawn-in their money and I didn't change anything. ...

• Casual Listener
  • After using Spotify from November as a Premium-user, since some hours a premium-use is not possible anymore. I've bought a subscription with UNIDAYS (12 months, per month 4.99€). Every month they've ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Someone using my spotify? (premium user)

Hello!Earlier tonight when I was going to listen to some music spotify asked me if I wanted to join an active session, it got me confused and I joined, and I can see someone listening to music right now in "main bedroom" with the cast icon.And it say...

• Regular
  •   Hello! Earlier tonight when I was going to listen to some music spotify asked me if I wanted to join an active session, it got me confused and I joined, and I can see someone listening to ...
  • Kiril
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly algorithm messed up - reset it?

Premium, Samsung S21, Android 12. For several months now the algorithm has appeared to be broken, or at the very least; very biased. For context: I played two Russian songs on repeat for a couple of weeks last autumn, and more than 1/3 of the tracks ...

• Gig Goer
  • Premium, Samsung S21, Android 12.    For several months now the algorithm has appeared to be broken, or at the very least; very biased.   For context: I played two Russian songs o...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Plus Premium

PlanPremium PlusCountry USA Devicecellphone, laptop, tablet)Operating System(Android and Windows 10) My Question or IssueWhat happened to my Spotify Plus Premium account that I was paying $2.99/month for. It started in August of 2021 and you all stop...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Plus Country USA   Device cellphone, laptop, tablet) Operating System (Android and Windows 10)   My Question or Issue What happened to my Spotify Plus Premium account...
  • plzmayispktoemployee
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution error code: access point 17 (country code)

PlanFREECountryUSADevicedesktop computer windows Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello im trying to log in to my spotify account but it wont let me it keeps saying that the country ive set is not the one in my profile and yet it is, i ...

• Visitor
  •   Plan FREE Country USA Device desktop computer windows  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello im trying to log in to my spotify account but it wont let m...
  • Kiril
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Login
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Unavailable song

PlanPremiumCountryBelarusDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 15 My Question or IssueI can’t listen new music from artist, cause it is not available. Why? I will give my money for the service, and I can't listen to music. I have a friend in Germany, and...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Belarus Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 15   My Question or Issue I can’t listen new music from artist, cause it is not available. Why? I will give my mo...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

reset likes etc / taste profile

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevice(every) My Question or Issue someone was using my account (password was weak), I changed the password, but now I have a lot of unwanted music in my mixtapes, release radar etc. Is there a way to

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device (every)   My Question or Issue   someone was using my account (password was weak), I changed the password, but now I have a lot of unwanted musi...
  • TauTau_de
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Account
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution i have two accounts on one email so how would i specify which account to reset the password of?

I have two accounts under one email, let’s say account 1 and 2. But whenever I try to change the password of account 1, it’s always account 2 that gets changed instead. I’ve tried using the username of account 1 but i never receive the password reset...

• I have two accounts under one email, let’s say account 1 and 2. But whenever I try to change the password of account 1, it’s always account 2 that gets changed instead. I’ve tried using the username ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Changing bank details for DD

I need to change the bank details for my Direct Debit. However, I can’t see anywhere on my Spotify app or on the website to do the change.It’s a real pain not to have a contact number or ‘live chat’ function.I’m in the UK, in case that affects things...

• Visitor
  • I need to change the bank details for my Direct Debit. However, I can’t see anywhere on my Spotify app or on the website to do the change. It’s a real pain not to have a contact number or ‘live chat...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Emanuela Capasso

Ciao nella mia lista attività amicò compaiono solo tre persone nonostante io ne segua di più. Cosa posso fare ?

• Visitor
  • Ciao nella mia lista attività amicò compaiono solo tre persone nonostante io ne segua di più. Cosa posso fare ? 
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Plays a different song

Whenever I search for a song on Spotify, I find the song, but for whatever reason I can't play it. I'll click on the song, click on the play button next to it, but it always plays a different song.Is there anything I can do to fix this?

• Visitor
  • Whenever I search for a song on Spotify, I find the song, but for whatever reason I can't play it. I'll click on the song, click on the play button next to it, but it always plays a different song. ...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes