Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log in since changing the mobilephone

Solved!

Can't log in since changing the mobilephone

Hello,

since I changed to a new phone I can not log in anymore. I was using a Samsung S4mini (Android 4.4.2) and I'm now using a Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact (Android 9 Pie). I tried reinstalling, cleaning the cache, downgrading to an older version of spotify - nothing works. I already created a new free account to check if it works with it and voilà: I CAN log in. So I assume something is wrong with my Premium account. Please help.

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Germany

Device

Sony Xperia XZ2 compact

Operating System

Android 9 Pie

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @kuckuck33

Can you go to your account page spotify.com/account and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE? You can check there as well if your account details are still the same. 

Then head to offline devices and delete them if there are any. 

Let me know how it goes!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Good news! I think I sorted it out! The problem was that the SD card from my old phone (which was in my new phone) contained the old data/files of the downloaded songs by spotify. I deleted everything and it worked. Thank you for your patience .

Have a nice day/evening

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hi @kuckuck33

I'll try to help, but I need more info to do that. 

Do you remember the email address and password associated with your Premium account?

Do you still have access to your email address?

Are you getting any error messages after trying to log in?

I still have access to the email account associated to the premium account. I don't get any error messages.

Hi @kuckuck33

Thank you for confirming that. 

Could you try to reset your password using this Password Reset form?

• Go to that page, 
  • Enter your email address and click SEND.
  • Go to your email inbox and find an email from us with the subject “Reset your password”.
    Tip: If you don’t see it, check your junk/spam folders or any other filtered folders (e.g. If you use Gmail, it might be in the Social or Promotions tabs).
  • Click the Reset password link in the email. A new web page will open.
  • Type your new password in both fields and click SEND.
  • Go back to the app and log in with the email address you used to reset your password and the new password.

If you receive the message “password reset link is not valid, or already used” try submitting for a new reset link and, without clicking the link, follow these steps:

• Go to your password reset email.
  • Right-click the Reset password link and select Copy link address.
    Note: If you accidentally click the link before you do this, you’ll have to send for a new one.
  • Go to your web browser and open a private/incognito window.
  • Paste the link into the address bar.
  • Press Enter and continue.

Let me know how it goes!

I reseted the password the way you mentioned - but no success so far... Same problem.

Hi @kuckuck33

Thank you for giving it a try!

Is it possible for you to log in to your Spotify account on a different device, e.g. different mobile or desktop?

Yes, Im logged in on my computer. The account is working on it.

Hi @kuckuck33

Could you perform clean reinstall of your Spotify app? It's different than regular reinstallation.
Just find your OS and follow the steps provided in this Article

Sadly, this didnt work either.

Marked as solution

Hi @kuckuck33

Can you go to your account page spotify.com/account and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE? You can check there as well if your account details are still the same. 

Then head to offline devices and delete them if there are any. 

Let me know how it goes!

Unfortunately signing out didnt do the trick. As far as I can overview it my account data is the same. I dont have any offline devices in my list.

Marked as solution

Good news! I think I sorted it out! The problem was that the SD card from my old phone (which was in my new phone) contained the old data/files of the downloaded songs by spotify. I deleted everything and it worked. Thank you for your patience .

Have a nice day/evening

Hi @kuckuck33

Thank you for getting back with the reason why it was not working. 

I'm glad everything is good now!

Have a nice day! 

Suggested posts