Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log into spotify after deleting facebook.

Solved!

Can't log into spotify after deleting facebook.

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Computer

Operating System

Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I've recently deleted my facebook. This seems to be stopping me from accessing my spotify premium account.
I have tried resetting my passord, and all username and password combinations.

Capture.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello,

You should be able to log in to your Spotify account using the e-mail address from your old Facebook account. If this still does not work, then I would recommend re-instating your Facebook, changing your Sptify credentials to something more memorable, and then deleting your Facebook account after signing into Spotify.

Thanks, and good luck!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey there @Hanry942!

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here - I just thought I'd add a bit more info on top of what @mkeegan27 said.

Right now, it looks like you'll need to reactivate your Facebook account > request a Spotify password reset > login using the email from the linked Facebook account and your new password. Afterwards, you can always change the email address by going to: https://spotify.com/account/profile, and you'll be able to deactivate your Facebook without losing access to Spotify.

If you created your Spotify account using an email and password, then linked it to Facebook, though, you can head over to the Spotify desktop app > click the downwards arrow > Settings > Social: Disconnect from Facebook, and you'll be good.

If that isn't working for you, you might need to create a new Spotify account and port across your existing content. You can find out more here: https://support.spotify.com/article/i-want-to-use-spotify-without-facebook/.

If you need a hand with anything else, just let @mkeegan27 or myself know - we'd be happy to help.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello,

You should be able to log in to your Spotify account using the e-mail address from your old Facebook account. If this still does not work, then I would recommend re-instating your Facebook, changing your Sptify credentials to something more memorable, and then deleting your Facebook account after signing into Spotify.

Thanks, and good luck!

Marked as solution

Hey there @Hanry942!

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here - I just thought I'd add a bit more info on top of what @mkeegan27 said.

Right now, it looks like you'll need to reactivate your Facebook account > request a Spotify password reset > login using the email from the linked Facebook account and your new password. Afterwards, you can always change the email address by going to: https://spotify.com/account/profile, and you'll be able to deactivate your Facebook without losing access to Spotify.

If you created your Spotify account using an email and password, then linked it to Facebook, though, you can head over to the Spotify desktop app > click the downwards arrow > Settings > Social: Disconnect from Facebook, and you'll be good.

If that isn't working for you, you might need to create a new Spotify account and port across your existing content. You can find out more here: https://support.spotify.com/article/i-want-to-use-spotify-without-facebook/.

If you need a hand with anything else, just let @mkeegan27 or myself know - we'd be happy to help.

Same issue as OP - Facebook has been DELETED which means I can not "reactivate" it. 

There MUST be some way of contacting Spotify. If I already started a new premium account. If I can not delete my old one then I'm going to have to cancel my credit card and set up all of my automatic payments again!

This is a serious glitch in the system. Do you have any other options?

I had the same issue as you. When you "DELETE" the facebook you can't "re-activate" your account in order to get into Spotify.

This is how I easily resolved my issue:

1.  I signed up for a new Spotify account. 

2. I opened a chat window with Spotify HERE.

3. Spotify deleted my old account and transfered over all the saved information from the old account.

This entire process took less than 10 minutes.

mind explaining further cause i would like to see my wrapped. please 🙏🥺

Hi there @omosh,

Welcome to the Community! We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

If you created your account through Facebook, you can still keep it and all your saved music after deleting your Facebook profile. Check out this Spotify Answer and follow the steps for option 1

In case you need to change your email address, you'll find help here.

Once your account is disconnected from Facebook you can follow these steps to edit your display name.

Hope we were able to help. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts