Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't recover account.

Can't recover account.

Today, while listening to Mac Miller, my account was hacked (mainly password was changed). Unfortunately, I don't have access of the email linked to it nor remember how it goes at all. I contacted Spotify twice and they haven't gave me a good response. Said they need me to send them a ticket in the email that's mostly likely dead.

Screenshot_20220307-070232.png
5 Replies

Hey @DancingMachine58 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

That's odd, where did you reach out to them? 🙂 You can also fill out this contact form, just make sure that you're not logged into any Spotify account when doing so, so it'll ask you for an email address where you can be reached.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I contacted them in both Twitter and email.

Here's what they gave...

Screenshot_20220308-045111.png
Screenshot_20220308-045418.png

Hey @DancingMachine58 ,

Thanks for your reply and your patience while I was trying to find a solution for this.

Unfortunately, you'll need access to your email in order to change your email and/or password.

If you don't know your account email, nor have access to it, changing the email of your account on Spotify support's end and on your end is not possible.

This means that you'll, unfortunately, need to create a new account that you can use to follow the playlists of your old account. You can sign up at https://spotify.com/signup.

Hope this clears things up!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Alright, I'll try unbricking my previous phone which has the email I need. Thank you for helping.

Suggested posts