Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't start the 60day free period!

Solved!

Can't start the 60day free period!

I have recently registered to Spotify, and wanted to try out this ongoing offer of 60 days free premium.

When I click the Upgrade link, I am taken to this site:

https://www.spotify.com/uk/purchase/panel/?country=GB#__main-extended-creditcard

And from here, the site is unresponsive. If I enter my credit card details, I am redirected to a page, which says this:

"You need to enable Javascript in order to proceed through the purchase flow."

If I choose, to use paypal as a payment method, the URL chances to:

https://www.spotify.com/uk/purchase/panel/?country=GB#__main-billing-paypal

but nothing is changing on the site, I cannot enter my paypal details.

The last option on the top is not working either. 

Obviously the javascript is enabled, and I used Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox (this one on PC, Linux, and MacOS) and all of the browsers show this error message.

I was really excited about this 60 day trial period, and I thought it would be nice, but it looks like it's just a marketing trick, and false advertising. (I hope I'm mistaken, and it's just a mistake)

/thanks

Gyula

Capture.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Think I might have found a solution to this problem... Just disabled the 3rd party add-ons in my browser (Adblockplus, Abine Blur, and Click to Flash) and tried to subscribe again ... Worked straight away, and allowed the Paypal option.

Not sure which extension was responsible so just disabled the lot for the registration. Could just be a coincidence but worth a shot...

View solution in original post

26 Replies

I know this isn't really going to help, but I'm having exactly the same issue. Mac OS 10.9.5, Safari 7.1.7/Firefox 39.0... Very odd!

i want to say that i get the same proble too!!

Marked as solution

Think I might have found a solution to this problem... Just disabled the 3rd party add-ons in my browser (Adblockplus, Abine Blur, and Click to Flash) and tried to subscribe again ... Worked straight away, and allowed the Paypal option.

Not sure which extension was responsible so just disabled the lot for the registration. Could just be a coincidence but worth a shot...

This won't solve anything. It doesn't work on Internet Explorer there are no extensions whatsoever and it doesn't work!

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you. As I said, worth a shot!

problem is still there for Firefox and Internet Explorer - even though Javascript is 100% enabled.

are you listening Spotify ?? your website payments are broken, I can't give you my money for a premium subscription - bloody ridiculous !!

Hey there @ubiquitas, welcome to the community!

Can you try reinstalling your web browser to see if that helps?

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

thanks for reply - no I didn't do that - I'm a web designer anyway, so happy my browsers are ok.

solution - I paid for a subscription with Deezer instead

I am having the exact same issue and I know Javascript is enabled. Something is wrong in their side that needs to get fixed.

i'm on safari 9 (osx mavericks), and i had the same problem. i just went and temporarily disabled my uBlock anf clicktoflash extensions, and i was able to complete the transaction.

hope this works for others!

I was having the same problem, tried with Microsoft Edge and it worked.

Try an incognito browser if you're in chrome. That worked for me when disabling adblockers didn't

"Think I might have found a solution to this problem... Just disabled the 3rd party add-ons in my browser (Adblockplus, Abine Blur, and Click to Flash) and tried to subscribe again ... Worked straight away, and allowed the Paypal option.

Not sure which extension was responsible so just disabled the lot for the registration. Could just be a coincidence but worth a shot..."

This method worked for me. Make sure you refresh the page after you disable the extensions.

Just format your hard drive and reinstall your OS.  Simple!

I actually have a solution!!

This happened to me as well and I've been ignoring it for a while, but I finally wanted to upgrade (to many adds). So, I had also tried disabling my addblocks, web protection extensions, and all that jazz to no avail. Then, I saw a little icon in the top right of the address bar when I pressed the paypal option. It is a little golden "C" with an "x" through it. On clicking that I allowed spotify to set cookies and then voila! it worked like a charm. So give this a shot., hope it works, and happy listening. 

P. S. I use Google Chrome

Using Chrome, have tried disabling addons, still nothing. Surely good business 101 is make sure people can give you money...

None of the above worked for me. I used premium earlier this year but cancelled it in August. I tried to reactivate it today with no luck - it kept saying "You need to enable Javascript in order to proceed through the purchase flow." I tried to think of things which might have changed since I last signed up for premium and the only thing I could think of was that I had signed up for a DNS service (DNS4ME) to watch US Netflix and sure enough I went onto my DNS4ME account and it said something about having to assign my IP address in my account. I did that and tried again on Spotify and sure enough it processed the credit card just fine so clearly the DNS was messing with the secure payment service. 

I think everyone on this forum might be experiencing the same problem for different reasons but based off my experience I would suggest that if you have a DNS or VPN type service (UnoTelly/DNS4ME) on your internet connection try updating or refreshing that as it might be causing issues with online payment services.

I was able to purchase using Internet Explorer 11 in safe mode (on Win 10).

1. Press Windows button + R to open the Run dialog box
  2. Type: "iexplore /safe" (without quotes) and press enter
  3. Go to Spotify.com and purchase premium

Please let me know if this helped. 🙂

Suggested posts