Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't unlike songs?

Solved!

Can't unlike songs?

Hello, I have just subscribed to spotify today. I came from pandora and think it is much better than pandora. But I might just go back to pandora for this reason. I accidentally liked a song in my radio, and I cannot unlike it! I looked into other forums and found this problem has been going on since 2012! We are paying $10 a month and this is how you treat us! This is ridiculous.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Lets tell spotify this is still a big issue. They already have a request page up if we get enough requests they will have to.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Modifiable-Thumbs-up-down/idi-p/212314

View solution in original post

50 Replies

Just remove the song from "Liked from Radio" playlist by left-clicking on the song and clicking "Remove from this playlist".

This post was by M0HX - I don't work in Spotify, I'm just here to help ^-^
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Press like!

★ Follow me plz | My EDM Playlist ♪| My Website

Feel free to PM me here !

When I left click the song it says "Add to playlist" not remove

Hmm, I did it on Spotify for Desktop software. I don't know if it works on mobile or web.

see :

removed.png

Edit: opss sorry i meant right-click >.< not left-click XD

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Press like!

Yeah, I was looking at the options through the app. I can check to see if it will work on the desktop app.

Heres how to do it also on iOS/Mobile App: 

Go to "Liked from Radio" playlist.. clcik the little dotted circle in song title 

then

image.jpg

click edit and then delete : 

image.jpg

Ok, thanks for the help. I'm just a little annoyed that you have to do this just to unlike a song instead of just plain liking and unliking it. I mean, pandora does that and it's a free service. Is there a way to do this with dislikes as well?

I am having the same issue.  The song I have to skip is not in any of my Liked or Playlists, etc. but it has the big green thumbs-up highlighted and wont' let me click the thumbs down...just have to waste time coming to the app (KVM switching from my work machine) just to skip the song.  Really annoying.  Is it a Premium only service to allow the changing a thumbs-up to a thumbs-down?  Hmmm...well, thumbs-down to Spotify for that design flaw.

It's little issues like this that make or break my commitment to using an app. Such a small issue that haven't been resolve since the app released.

Even if you do that the song will remained thumbed up and again play on radio later. There seems like there is no way to undo a thumbed up song on that radio station.

Yeah. Sticking with Pandora because of this. The very first radio station I try to make, and I accidentally click on thumbs up instead of thumbs down, and I have a broken radio station that plays a song I really don't like more and more each time I hear it.

The same problem is present in Premium Service.  This is ridiculous.  Come on Spotify.  Completely unacceptible design flow.  By not being able to dislike a sogn that was mistakenly liked in the first place messes up all the future musci seleciton.

This is bad enough that I might go back to Pandora.

I wish it was simplier way of doing this...too much work to unlike a song. Spotify, can you hear me?

I have premium and i have the same problem.

Same problem here. Spotify, please fix this issue I don't want to hear song I addaccidentally.

It really baffles me that this is not already a thing.

Step it up Spotify.

Yup. It's really annoying. And the same thing is for disliking - I've disliked a song accidentally and there is no way to undo it.

Spotify, hear the voices of users!

This doesn't remove it from whatever radio station playlist you were listening to. The terrible remix of Cadilacs on 22s is stuck in my David Banner Radio.

Songs will randomly like themselves but don't show up on the Liked From Radio playlist, so I can't remove them.  Not sure why some songs will seemingly like themselves, but it seriously reduces the enjoyment of listening to the stations. 

That does not work for radio, I even deleted the playlist because songs I clicked thumbs up on won't go away.
Also, having to use my ps4 to play it on a VIZIO SMART TV WITH SPOTIFY because the tv version only plays songs, no radio

Suggested posts