Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot Find User

Cannot Find User

hello,

i am looking to find a certain user on Spotify. Neither of us ever signed up with facebook or connected it through Facebook. When I type in his username into the search, nothing pops up. However, he shows me on his phone that he has a username and what it is exactly. I just want to know why his username is not showing up under the search. We tried this with other accounts as well and they don’t pop up in the search when I type in the usernames. Why is this?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 7 plus

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

6 Replies

Hey there @Reganaswezey,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

Suggesting a small trick, please type "spotify:user:your friends user name here (all typed in your search bar).

Let me know if it helped 😃

Thanks for replying. I know that command. It works if I do it that way. My
problem is just wanting to know WHY my username pops up in the search, but
his username typed normally does not pop up. What is the difference? I have
no issues finding his account. I just want to know why his username does
not pop up in the search bar and mine does. Mine pops up under profiles and
his doesn’t if you search it.

I know how the username thing works. I just want to know why my username pops up in the search under profiles, but my friends username doesn’t pop up at all. I don’t care about finding it. I just want to know why. If neither of our accounts are attached to Facebook.  I’m so confused. I just want to know why. 

Hey there @Reganaswezey,

Thanks for getting back with me.

Can i ask if you've tried searching for your friend on the web player or the desktop/mobile app?

In addition can you provide your friends username so i can check it out.

Thanks!

This is on the iOS app on my iPhone. But if both accounts are the same thing, shouldn’t his username pop up in the search the same as mine does? Why is it different for someone else’s account? Why do some usernames show up and some don’t? 

Hey there @Reganaswezey,

Can you provide the user name your looking for so i can check it out ?

Note: Make sure the profile isn't private

Thanks.

Suggested posts