Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot change Email

Solved!

Cannot change Email

Hi all,

Trying to update my account info but the email adress that spotify usese does not exist anymore. I am linked to my facebook but my facebook has my up to date adress. Is there anyway to update my email? It is using one no longer linked to my facebook so I do not know how else to change it since the website will not let me do it just as a normal update..

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Fixed the problem by getting into contact directly with spotify and having them change my email manually from thier end. Anyone with a similar problem can contact thier live chat here.

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/?contact

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @jm33glass.

This could be happening if there's a Spotify account already linked to your new email address. I suggest checking by typing your email address here.

In case you do have an account already with it, you can follow these steps to close it. Once it's fully closed, try updating the email on Facebook one more time. It should update it on your Spotify account.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hi, I am not getting to change my e-mail adress linked to my Spotify account too. The field with the e-mail adress on the change profile page do not permit any modification. How can I solve this?

Hey @Wesl3yBut4kun.

In this case, your account could've been created via Facebook.

To update the email address on accounts created through Facebook, you need to modify the email address from your Facebook profile instead.

You can find all the info on how to update your email address here.

Cheers.

The email is linked to my facebook but it is my old email. Facebook uses my current email but spotify seems to be getting the email no longer listed on my facebook, and yet spotify is using the old one, any ideas why or how to change it.

Hey @jm33glass.

Just to confirm, did you try my suggestion to check for a Spotify account already created with the new email address? Try it out and then try updating the email address on Facebook again.

You can head to your Facebook profile and update the email address to the same one since it was already updated. This is just to check if Spotify takes the change when you repeat this process.

Cheers.

So I have removed my facebook emails down to my current one, Facebook will not let me delete that last email contact, trying to add a duplicate of that email just gives me a message of " this email is already linked to another facebook profile". So the only email Facebook has is my current one. Yet spotify still has my old email as my contact. Is there a way to fix this at this point if there is not id rather just cancel my subscription since Spotify cannot contact me. Is there any way to fix this?

Thankyou for all the help all who have commented btw.

Marked as solution

Fixed the problem by getting into contact directly with spotify and having them change my email manually from thier end. Anyone with a similar problem can contact thier live chat here.

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/?contact

Suggested posts