Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot change the credit card on a new country

Cannot change the credit card on a new country

Plan: Premium

My Question or Issue

Hi!

I have recently moved from Ireland to Spain. I have been trying to change my country on Spotify and it won't let me.

I have followed the steps here for Premium accounts: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/country-region-settings/

I set my new card (a Spanish one) and try to change the country, then I got an error saying the card should match my selected country. Fine, I go down that page and pick my new country (Spain) and then I got a blank page:

Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 20.28.05.png

I have tried this in 4 devices. Android and iOS phones, windows and Mac laptops. Same error on all of them. I have also tried setting the country first without setting the card, same issue.

It looks like a bug in the page, but given it is a sensitive part of the page to break it looks really odd to me. What am I doing wrong?

I have just cancelled my family subscription plan. It's pointless to pay for the plan without being able to share it with my family.

Please help me!

3 Replies

Hey there @Diegakker,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

As family subscriptions include more than one account and are linked to your physical address, you first need to cancel the subscription > wait until all accounts go on Free > create a new subscription with you new card.

Note that all family accounts need to be located in your new country and address to benefit from the family plan.

Once your account goes on free, you'll be able to re-subscribe with the new card.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Alex,

Thanks for the quick reply! 🙂

Okay, I will wait until the subscription finishes. It's a bit of an annoying workflow and it wasn't clear to me 😉 If you can pass this concern to the relevant team in Spotify I would appreciate that a lot.

I would have gave up on Spotify premium unless I had posted this question here 😉

Thanks again,
Diego

Hey @Diegakker,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We appreciate you sharing your feedback about this and rest assured, we'll forward it to the right folks.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, remember that we're always a post away.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts