Premium

Country

Usa

Device

LG Rebel 4

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Cannot edit profile althrough info on Facebook is correct, which is how I lpg in to Spotify.

6 Replies

Hi there @dbb3d,

thanks for posting !

Please make sure to check out this help page on changing personal details.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

That wasnt helpful at all. You just linked me to the place I'm having the issue, not a solution. I am unable to edit the information on the personal account page. I have updated my Facebook info, where Spotify says its getting my info. I cannot change or edit email, gender, or birth year under the 'Edit my Profile' section of the Spotify site. I definitely won't renew my premium if I can't even have my account information correct. Yeesh.

There are 2 ways to create an account

If your account is made using Facebook, your account details will be locked as what details Spotify got from your Facebook account. Your display name will be what your name on your Facebook account. Username will will be set of numbers and letters. Your Spotify profile picture can be edited using desktop application. Email address can't be change on the website. It's locked until they update it, I guess.

If your account is made using an email address and you log in using your email address and password. You will be able to select the Display name you like upon sign up. Username is the same and set of numbers and letters. Email address can be changed on your account page. But I guess they are locked after sign up process.

Hope that shed some light. Peace man. 🙂

CannotI have tried everything.. I have two profiles and one will not allow me to ed edit profile

I cant change my relationship status

Hey @RockZilla,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Currently there is no option to add a relationship status in the Spotify profile.

If you want to change other details and you've created your Spotify account through Facebook, we'd suggest you head here and contact our support team. The folks there can help you update the details as your account details are automatically set and it's not possible to change them from the account overview page. 

If the account was created through Spotify, it's a good idea to restart the device and to try again editing your profile with these steps. If the issue persists, you can try on another device. Are there any changes?

In case you get an error message, you can send us a screenshot of it. Just make sure that all the sensitive info is not visible. We'll investigate this further.

If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts