Plan

Free

Country

Device

Windows PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Aparently I need to change my country settings to use Spotify for whatever reason. When I try to change the Country setting to Costa Rica, its says my Email address is already registered ..... yeah no idea what to do to sort this out so I can have music while I'm in Costa Rica.

Any help will be appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Got it to work with tech support's help. If anyone else runs into this problem, try to change the country settings in private tab where no data is stored. And see if that works for you!

Thanks for all your help!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. You could try creating a temporary account for costa rica. This could help because it is free and you could set it to costa rica.

Please Like it means alot!!

Also, Mark as Solution

If you need any more help contact

I really Hope this helps

I guess I could use my work email to create an account. I really only have the two email addresses

Hey @4thgenlude,

So you have followed the following instructions to change your country?

To change your settings for the country you’re in:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Click EDIT PROFILE
  3. Scroll down to Country and select your new country from the dropdown list.
    Note: Your new country only shows when you’re actually there.
  4. Click SAVE PROFILE.

Kinda weird that it says that your email address is already registered when you're only changing your country setting.

Best,

Felix

Yes I tried those directions. When I click the Save Profile button it pops up and says my email address is already registered. 

No idea why it says that..,

@4thgenlude  schrieb:

Yes I tried those directions. When I click the Save Profile button it pops up and says my email address is already registered. 

No idea why it says that..,

That's odd. Have you contacted @SpotifyCares yet? They are usually quite good at helping regarding to tech queries.

I hope they can help you!

I dont have twitter. Is there a normal way to get in touch with tech support? This community support is all I could find.

Thanks!

Sure, here's a way to contact tech support without Twitter: https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support

Keep me posted!
Felix

Thank you! I'll try talking with them and see what happens

Marked as solution

Got it to work with tech support's help. If anyone else runs into this problem, try to change the country settings in private tab where no data is stored. And see if that works for you!

Thanks for all your help!

So glad to hear that they could help you, @4thgenlude!

I'd recommend you to mark your last comment as solution by clicking the "Accept as solution" button right next to the "Like" button. That way people who experience the same can find this possible solution much easier!

Furthermore happy listening!

Hey @4thgenlude.

Glad to hear that the folks at Customer Support were able to help you out there!

Take care! 

spotify:track:1pKYYY0dkg23sQQXi0Q5zN:small

Suggested posts